Peloton’s annual homecoming event launched today. During the event, Peloton CEO John Foley usually provides an annual recap and updates the community on all the new features y is launching.
This is the first Virtual Homecoming event, and it runs from April 30th to May 2nd. Peloton will have Homecoming classes throughout this weekend on the Bike, Bike+, Tread+, web, and Peloton App for iOS, Android, and TV.
Here are some of the new features that were announced at Peloton’s 2021 Homecoming event.
- Unveiled a new Program 2.0. The new program offers members a structured routine and recommended schedule and allows them to select fitness routines that meet their goal
- Peloton will structure the program for users. Classes in each program are produced in a certain order to be taken for the best results.
- Instructors will provide recommended schedules to users for these programs, and there will be a set period to complete each program.
- Users will have the ability to make changes to the program. For example, they will be able to skip a class if they need to.
- Peloton unveils a new Strive Score metric that measures how much time you spent on each heart rate zone. This allows users to track their effort across all the workouts using a common metric.
- AND YES, the pause button ( Probably the most anticipated feature in the Peloton community) is coming! This feature allows users to pause any on-demand class and seamlessly pick up where they left off.
- Changes to the ‘Scenic Routes’ features. It is unclear if this will be offered to Digital app subscribers. Recently many app subscribers have been seeing a message showing that this feature may be removed.
The company also announced that it would be launching Peloton in Australia this year.
You can read about all the new features announced today via Peloton’s blog ‘The Output.’
The company will release its third-quarter fiscal 2021 results after the stock market closes on Thursday, May 6, 2021. It will be interesting to see how the new announcements made today and the company’s performance will influence investors.