Apple today announced that it is introducing new Kickboxing workouts, a new sleep theme for guided meditations, new time to walk guests, and new trainers on its Fitness+ platform.
The new Kickboxing workout type is available starting Jan 9 on the platform.
Each workout consists of a distinct round of moves followed by one final round, which combines the moves users learned into an all-out one-minute interval. The workout does not require any equipment and is a total-body cardio workout.
The Kickboxing workouts are being led by Jamie-Ray Hartshorne, who has trained in Muay Thai and professionally competed in Thailand.
Sleep Focus Meditations
The new sleep-focus guided meditations add to the nine other guided meditation themes available on Apple Fitness+. Introduction to Meditations for Sleep is designed to help users wind down before bed and drift off to sleep. Every week, Apple will add new sleep meditations, and you can do it as part of your daily wind-down routine.
The meditation program consists of four 20-minute meditations that conclude with five minutes of relaxing music. Some of the themes include “Quiet Your mind”, “Relax Your Body”,” Appreciate your day,” and “Visualize Rest”.
New Artist Spotlight Series
The Artist Spotlight series — which dedicates an entire workout playlist to a single artist — expands with new workouts featuring music by Beyoncé, including songs from her latest album, RENAISSANCE, bringing her iconic music to the service. The new songs are available starting January 9th.
Fitness+ also rolls out two additional Artist Spotlight offerings: the Foo Fighters on Monday, January 16, and Bad Bunny on Monday, January 23.
Time to Walk New Season
Apple is ready to launch its fifth season of the successful time to walk series. The new season includes the following:
- Amber Ruffin, host of the late-night talk show The Amber Ruffin Show and co-author of the New York Times bestseller You’ll Never Believe What Happened to Lacey: Crazy Stories about Racism.
- Jason Segel, the actor, producer, comedian, and screenwriter best known for his role as Marshall Eriksen in the sitcom How I Met Your Mother, stars in the upcoming Apple Original comedy Shrinking.
- José Andrés, Spanish chef and founder of the World Central Kitchen, a nonprofit devoted to providing meals in the wake of natural disasters.
- Nina Hoss, one of Germany’s biggest stars on the stage and screen, is known for her role in the critically acclaimed film Tár.
- Colman Domingo, the actor, writer, and director who gained acclaim and a Tony Award nomination for his performance as Mr. Bones in the Broadway musical The Scottsboro Boys and won an Emmy for his role in Euphoria.
- Nathan Chen, US figure skater, three-time world champion, and 2022 Olympic champion.
- Sheryl Lee Ralph is the actor and singer who most recently won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series for her role in Abbott Elementary.
Fitness+ is also introducing two new Collections for Apple Fitness+ subscribers.
- 6 Weeks to Restart Your Fitness, designed to motivate users to build a new habit by working out every day, featuring a perfect blend of workouts to help users onramp back into fitness. Available January 9.
- Level Up Your Core Training, featuring 10- and 20-minute core workouts taken to the next level with the use of dumbbells. Available January 23.
If you have not subscribed to Apple Fitness+, this might be a perfect time to explore this service offering from Apple. The service costs $9.99 per month and can be shared with up to five other family members. It is also available for free for three months for users who bought a new Apple Watch Series 4 or later.