Apple is bolstering its Apple health division by hiring a senior cardiologist with previous health product and technology experience.
According to this job description of this new role, The cardiologist will partner with cross-disciplinary teams on identifying key areas of focus with consideration for Apple’s product and technologies and on defining and developing new product concepts.
Some of the key qualifications outlined by Apple for this position include the following:
- MD with deep expertise in cardiology
- Previous Health Product and Technology experience required, preferably regulated medical products and/or digital health products.
- Preference for experience in the clinical development process for regulated health products, including pivotal clinical studies.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, ability to work interpersonally with a wide range of team members and experts
- Board Certified in General Cardiology with Active US Medical License
This resource will play an integral role in working with engineering and design teams on clinical product development.
The position will help define clinical feature definitions and specifications to create innovative product features to impact heart health.
- Apple hiring Senior Legal Counsel for Health Products
- Apple developing Apple-branded health hardware products
This new position adds to a long list of positions that Apple has been hiring in the health space in recent times, including clinical research resources and people with skills to interface with the FDA for new product development.
This latest job was posted on Linkedin and has already drawn several applicants.