Garmin today released the new Forerunner 745 smartwatch. If you ever wanted a watch specially made for runners and designed by runners, this is it for you.
With advanced GPS to support your triathlon and battery performance strong to last over 6 hours, it can stand up to the pressures of any race day.
The new Forerunner allows you to make use of its’ best features whether you are swimming, biking, running, or prepping for your first 5K.
- 17 TicWatch Pro 3 Tips and Tricks for new and experienced users
- 5 Best Smartwatches with Onboard Music Storage in 2020
- Garmin’s new Venu SQ offers pretty decent health monitoring for your money
- Fitbit unveils new Fitbit Sense with a stress-tracking feature, improved heart monitoring, and more
- Fitbit VS Garmin – which one should you pick?
Garmin’s Forerunner 745 detailed
For serious trainers, built-in Recovery analytics are very handy.
After each workout, recovery time lets you know when you’ll be ready for another hard workout.
It even accounts for training intensity and factors such as stress, daily activity, and sleep.
The new Forerunner is equipped to guide you through your training regimen using the ‘Training effect’ feature.
While other smartwatches can quickly show you your VO2 max score, the training effect feature on the forerunner allows you to coordinate and balance workouts that help maintain and improve your fitness level.
If you are into performing speed interval training, this watch can provide you with your Aerobic and Anaerobic training effect details.
Although some may say that the Forerunner’s offerings are overkill for the regular person who is just trying to stay fit, we think that it can be a powerful motivator if your fitness regimen includes some degree of cardio.
Key Features of the Forerunner 745
- Built-in Heart Rate monitor that measures heart rate, heart rate variability, and more
- Multi GNSS system for advanced GPS support
- SpO2 monitoring via built-in Pulse OX sensor
- Body Battery Energy monitoring
- Ability to play Music using Amazon Music, Spotify, or Deezer (Store up to 500 songs)
- Garmin Pay Contactless Support
- Support for Notifications from your mobile device
- Water resistance for up to 5ATM
- Stores up to 200 hours of your activity history on the watch
- Advanced Sleep Monitoring
- Advanced analytics support for Swimming exercises
- Gym activity profiles for cardio, strength, yoga, pilates, and auto rep counting
Garmin’s Forerunner 745 battery, power, and price
The new Garmin Forerunner 745 achieves all this with still enough power left to function as a smartwatch.
You get up to week-long battery life in the Smartwatch mode and 6 hours in GPS mode with music.
The new Forerunner is priced at $499.99 and is available to purchase from Garmin’s site.