Apple is making it easier to share information between iPhones and Apple Watches.
With the new iOS 17’s upcoming NameDrop feature, users can easily share contact information by simply bringing their iPhones or an iPhone and Apple Watch together.
It only makes sense to update your contact information on your Apple Watch.
This short article shows you how to review your personal contact information on your Apple Watch, update it, and use your iPhone to change your contact photograph and create a custom poster for your phone calls.
So Lets’ get started.
- How to Make the Most out of the new Activity app on your Apple Watch
- Apple’s approach to mental health on iPhone and Apple Watch is super intuitive
- How to access the Apple Watch’s recent apps dock or close apps in watchOS 10+
How to Review and Update your own contact information on Apple Watch
With watchOS 10+, you can easily review and update your contact information using the Phone app directly on your Apple Watch.
- Open the Phone app on your Apple Watch.
- Tap on Contacts.
- Next, tap on your contact icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to the next screen to review your contact details.
- To update, tap on the Edit icon (pencil) in the top right corner of the screen.
- Make your changes.
- Tap on the checkmark on the top right corner of the screen.
WatchOS 10+ makes updating your contact information on your Apple Watch much easier.
You can directly share your contact information from here as well with your friends and new acquaintances.
Scroll down on your contact details page and tap on Share to begin the process.
How to add an image to your own contact information
You must use your iPhone to add or update your contact image. There is currently no way to do this directly on your Apple Watch.
- Start by opening up the Contacts app on your iPhone.
- Search for your name using the search bar at the top.
- Tap on your name ( you should see ‘me’ on the side of this entry.)
- Tap on the ‘Edit’ icon at the top of the screen.
- Next, tap on Add Photo.
- You can choose between your photos, use the camera to click an instant photo, or create a Memoji.
- Optionally, set up a custom Poster for your call screen.
- Tap on Done.
- Enable Contact Photo and Poster.
The next set of screens guides you to update your photo and enable contact photo and poster sharing.
This updates your contact photo across your iPhone and Apple Watch. The next time you call someone, they will be able to see your photo and your custom poster on their iPhone.
We hope you found this short tip useful! Please shoot your comments using the space below and share the article if you find it useful.