Apple announced today that it is adding a new set of “Time to Walk” episodes starting next week.
The popular Apple Fitness+ feature launched earlier this year. It featured audio stories from celebrities and influencers that users can listen to with their wireless headphones while walking with their Apple Watch.
- Exclusive: Multi-User support coming soon to Apple Fitness+
- Schedule your Apple Fitness+ workouts in advance and stay more fit
- These 6 iPad Bike Mounts for Apple Fitness+ help get your game on!
Following their stories, guests introduce a short playlist of songs that have motivated or inspired them, so the listener can discover new music or hear an old favorite in a different light. At the same time, they continue their walk to a soundtrack intimately connected to each guest.
Apple is adding “Jane the Virgin” star Gina Rodriguez to its Time to Walk lineup. She talks about learning resilience from her dad and building confidence in everything from her body image to feeling part of a community.
Apple is adding a variety of speakers from different walks of life into the Time to Walk Series.
- Anthony Joshua, British Olympic gold medalist for boxing and two-time Heavyweight Champion of the World.
- Cynthia Erivo, Grammy, Emmy, and Tony Award-winning actress, singer, songwriter, producer, Academy Award, Golden Globe, and SAG nominee.
- Joan Benoit Samuelson, gold medalist in the first-ever women’s Olympic marathon and winner of multiple international marathons, including Boston and Chicago.
- Marsai Martin, award-winning actress from the hit show “Black-ish” and the youngest working executive producer in Hollywood at age 14 for her feature film “Little.”
- Michaela Jaé “MJ” Rodriguez, actress and singer known for her role in the award-winning drama “Pose.”
- Naomi Campbell, supermodel, activist, and businesswoman.
- Randall Park, actor, writer, and producer, appears in both the Marvel and DC universes and the TV series “Fresh Off the Boat.”
- Dr. Sanjay Gupta, a practicing neurosurgeon, and CNN’s chief medical correspondent.
- Stephen Fry, actor, writer, and presenter.
Along with these new “Time to Walk” offerings, Apple announced expanding its music offerings for Fitness+ subscribers with some top-notch artists.
Artist Spotlight series featuring Alicia Keys, Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban, Lady Gaga, and workouts from fitness expert Jeanette Jenkins will be available June 28 on Fitness+.
If you haven’t joined Apple Fitness+, this summer might be the best time to try it out now that the lockdowns are over. Apple Fitness+ is available as a subscription service for $9.99 (US) per month or $79.99 (US) per year and can be shared among family members.