Apple Fitness+ offers a wide variety of classes to choose from for every type of user. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced athlete, there’s a workout for you in Apple Fitness+.
Every Monday, Apple updates the app by introducing 15 to 20 new workouts in different areas along with a new episode of ‘Time to Walk.’ Religiously, I check these new workouts on Monday and tend to forget about them by Tuesday afternoon rolls in.
Unfortunately, Apple Fitness+ does not offer a “Schedule” feature like Peloton.
Here’s a simple hack that I have use to stay on top of my Apple Fitness+ workouts.
When exploring the new workouts, if I like a particular workout, I add it to my list and pipe it into my reminders. That helps me to stay on top of it!
- These 6 iPad Bike Mounts for Apple Fitness+ help get your game on!
- Get to know the 21 Apple Fitness+ trainers who get your fitness goals back on track in 2021
- Get fit with Apple Fitness+: a comprehensive guide
- Apple Fitness+ to provide customized exercise and health recommendations in the future
Schedule your Apple Fitness+ Workouts in advance
Here’s how you can easily do this in a few simple steps.
- Open Fitness App on your iPhone and tap on Fitness+
- Review any existing workouts or explore the new ones released every Monday
- Tap on a specific workout to view its details
- Tap on ‘+ADD’ at the top right corner of the screen to add it to your list (optional)
- Tap on the Share button and choose ‘Share’ from the options
- Choose ‘Reminders’
- Create a new name for the reminder and tap on ‘Details’
- Choose the date, time, Repeat fields to set your preferences
- Assign a priority and tap on ‘Add’ on the top right corner of the screen
That’s it! This will automatically add the workout to your Reminders.
Scheduling Apple Fitness+ workouts on your Calendar
Your reminders will also automatically sync with your iPhone or iPad Calendar as long as you enable the right options. For me, the free Fantastical 3 app does the trick! It adds all my reminders into my calendar, making it an easy way to schedule my Apple Fitness+ workouts in advance for the week.
Personally, since I use iCloud-enabled Reminders and Calendars, the reminder events sync across all my Apple devices. When it’s time for me to hit the mat with Dustin’s Yoga workout, I’m automatically reminded via a reminder on my Apple Watch.
Using Reminders and Calendars to schedule my Apple Fitness+ workouts in advance has brought a new sense of accountability, and I find myself working out more regularly.
This is an easy way to schedule your Apple Fitness+ workouts. Give it a try, and let us know what you think of it! Feel free to share your favorite tip or two using the comments below.