Some Apple Watch users have reported a weird issue related to the integration of their Apple Watch and iPhone. This is related to Apple Watch’s faces.
Many users customize their Apple Watch faces based on the types of activity they perform or their personal preferences.
Therefore it can be annoying to find that your Apple Watch faces are missing from your phone and you have limited ability to edit them on your Apple Watch.
- How to change the order of Apple Watch faces
- How to pair your Apple watch to a new iPhone without losing health data
- How to change your fitness goals with the Activity app on your Apple Watch
- Strength Training Using Apple Watch, A Quick Primer
Users who have reported this problem note that it’s just not a single watch face that appears to have vanished but the entire set of loaded watch faces go missing. The section under ‘My Faces’ simply appears to be empty.
Are you suddenly experiencing this problem with your Apple Watch? Try these steps and check if it fixes your problem.
How to Recover missing Apple Watch Faces from your device
- Close any open apps on your iPhone
- Unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone
- Start with a Reset of your iPhone.
- In order to reset, press Volume button up and then down and next press and hold the side button till you see the Apple logo on your iPhone
- Once you have performed the reset on your iPhone, move to Apple Watch (it’s important that you follow the sequence)
- Press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo.
- Pair your Apple Watch to your iPhone
- Now check and see if your Apple Watch faces are available
- Tap on the Watch app on your iPhone
- Tap on ‘My Watch’ at the bottom left corner of your screen
- Look for your Apple watch faces in the ‘ My Faces’ section
Once your Watch faces are available, you can test them out by trying to create a new version of the face via customizing.
- Press the Digital Crown on your Apple Watch to open up the synced Apple Watch faces. Press on the display, swipe all the way to the right and tap on the ‘+’ icon.
- Turn your digital crown to choose the face that you want to customize.
- Press firmly on the watch display and choose ‘Customize’ in order to change complications et al.
Once you have saved your changes, you can restart your Apple Watch and iPhone to make sure that the newly customized watch face is available on both your devices.
We hope that you found this useful. Please let us know in the comments below if you have any questions.
As an Amazon Associate MyHealthyApple may earn commissions from qualifying purchases using our links