The Apple Watch is arguably the best smartwatch available across the globe. One of the best parts is the fact that you can customize your various watch faces.
However, the catch here is that these watch faces are stuck in a specific order on your Watch. On the bright side, there’s a way for you to actually manage these watch faces and arrange them properly using your paired iPhone.
The reason why one would want to switch the Apple Watch faces around is pretty simple. Say you want a specific watch face for a workout, but then you want another one to look good when you go out.
Today, we’re going to take a look at how you can properly change the order of your Apple Watch faces. And for folks using watchOS 7+, you can share watch faces with your friends, family, co-workers–just about anyone!
- How to setup and use the new GMT Apple Watch face
- Apple Watch Faces Missing? Try these steps
- Customize Apple Watch units of measurements using the Watch and Health App (iOS 14+)
- Customize your Apple Watch to keep track of your activity
- How to erase health data from Apple Watch and paired iPhone
We love personalizing our Apple Watches faces with the features and the functions we need for the moment.
Apple makes it easy to choose a new design and even adjust its colors and features.
Plus, you can switch your Apple Watch’s face at any time!
How to choose a different watch face on the Watch itself
- Swipe edge to edge across the watch face to see other faces in your collection
- To see all available watch faces, press and hold the watch face, then swipe left or right to review all your choices
- Tap on the one you want, press EDIT to change features and other options, and bang, done!
- Swipe left all the way to the end to see if that watch face offers complications
- Tap a complication to select it, then turn the Digital Crown to choose a new one
- When you’re finished, press the Digital Crown to save your changes, then tap the face to switch to it
How to rearrange Apple Watch Faces
The Face Gallery on your iPhone’s Apple Watch app is the easiest way to see all of the available watch faces, customize one, and add it to your collection
Unfortunately, there is not currently a way to do this directly from the watch–we’re not sure why this isn’t an option on the watch itself. Instead, you take advantage of the Watch app on your paired iPhone!
Here are the steps you need to take:
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone
- Choose My Watch, then swipe through your collection below My Faces
- Tap Edit, then drag the three bars icon to rearrange the order of your watch faces collection
- For older watchOS, under My Faces, tap the Edit button
- Press and hold the three bars icon and drag it to your preferred position
- After these steps have been completed, the Apple Watch faces appear on your wrist in the correct order
- Then, simply swipe left and right to access the watch face you are looking for
Hopefully, with the next release of WatchOS, Apple will include the ability to rearrange watch faces from your wrist.
Delete Apple Watch Faces
So now that you know how to rearrange your Apple Watch faces, you may want to know how to delete them. There are actually three different ways for you to be able to do this.
From the Apple Watch, the steps are pretty simple:
- Press down on your watch face
- Scroll to the left or right to find the right watch face
- Swipe up on the face
- Tap Remove to delete
If you want to use your iPhone to delete your watch faces, then you will need to head over to the Watch app.
- Open the Watch app
- Under My Faces, tap the Edit button
- Tap the red button to the left of the watch face you want to delete
- Press Remove to delete the watch face
The Watch app on your iPhone also includes another method to delete watch faces:
- Open the Watch app
- Scroll through the My Faces section and select the face you want to delete
- At the bottom, tap Remove Watch Face
- Press Remove
Once complete, your Apple Watch faces should all properly appear in the correct order. Plus, you won’t have to worry about racking up too many watch faces in your arsenal.
Wrapping it up
If you have any more questions, feel free to sound off in the comments below and let us know. Be sure to stay tuned to MyHealthyApple for more tips and tricks for your fitness wearables.
As an Amazon Associate MyHealthyApple may earn commissions from qualifying purchases using our links