Appears that Strava has decided to make some changes this week in how users interact with their weekly goals and corresponding totals
As per Stava, As of August 12, 2020, e-bike, handcycle, velomobile, and wheelchair activities will no longer count towards ride and run goals.
- How to use Strava Routes: everything you need to know about the Strava subscription feature
- Strava Segments not working? Let’s fix that!
- iGPSPORT 20E – is this budget-friendly GPS bike computer worth it?
- The 5 best cycling cadence sensors for your bike
You can now create separate goals for these sport types from the mobile app and all your previous activities will count towards that goal instead.
Where is the Weekly Totals in the Strava App?
Looking for previous weekly totals or cumulative mileage displays? The latest Strava update, version 1.5.4 has apparently changed the location of the weekly features and is causing some heartaches with users.
Check Weekly totals without Strava Summit
According to Strava Support,The weekly totals were part of our goals subscription feature which has now been moved to the Training tab.
All athletes can find the summary bar at the top of the ‘You’ feed on mobile.
The training tab now lets you see prior week totals and also allows you to change your weekly goals.
While Strava seems to have eliminated weekly progress in the app for the free version, the widget for Android users is showing weekly mileage, for the time being. You can still have it on the home screen, as per a Redditor, and check your weekly details at a glance.
September 7th, 2002 Update. Users are still having issues adjusting to this change even weeks after the change was spotted by users.
How to set Weekly Goals using Strava on the web
Once you login into your account on Strava’s website,
- Go TO Dashboard > My Goals.
- Choose your activity from the icons at the top
- Click on the ‘pencil’ icon to start editing your goal
- Use the slider to adjust the goal
How to set Weekly Goals using Strava App
On the Strava app, you will need to navigate to the ‘Training’ tab at the bottom
- Tap on Add Goal
- Choose between ‘Weekly’, ‘Monthly’ etc for the duration
- Choose the metric (distance, elevation, etc)
- Add in your value and Save
Segment Goals on Strava
As a Strava subscriber, if you are using Segment goals, you can set it up easily using the overall leaderboard page. Segment goals can only be created from the Strava website for cycling and running segments.
- Tap on any of the segments from your segment explore page
- Choose ‘Select Goal’
- Enter your target time, deadline and tap on Create Segment Goal
Many app makers are moving more and more features behind the paywall these days. It will interesting to watch how Strava undergoes this transformation. We hope that Popular metrics that are basic should not require a subscription.
As an Amazon Associate MyHealthyApple may earn commissions from qualifying purchases using our links