Love monitoring all your health data on your iPhone using Apple’s Health app, but wish you could see this same information on your Apple Watch? Well, look no further than the Apple Watch app Health Glance.
If you were looking for a stand-alone Apple Watch app that’s easy to use AND helps you incorporate custom HealthKit complications to make your Health-related data, check out this unique offering from Health Glance.
Want to see your calories, weight, distance, and hydration embedded into a single watch face? Or just want all your Health Vitals on one easy screen?
You can do this all with the Health Glance app for Apple Watch. Health Glance allows you to display all your Apple HealthKit data as a complication on your paired Apple Watch!
This app is only available for Apple Watch, there is currently no iPhone version.
- Guide to understanding and using Heart Rate Variability (HRV) on your Apple Watch
- Set up and use the new GMT Apple Watch face
- How to add Fitness widget to track your Apple Watch activity on your iPhone
- Turn off Apple Watch handwashing reminders and features
About the Health Glance app for Apple Watch
Health Glance is a standalone Watch app that provides customizable health data complications, with support for multiple different complications.
Health Glance on your Apple Watch lets you:
- Support most data types from HealthKit (i.e. data that you can also see in the Health app on your iPhone)
- Add multiple complication configurations, and set any of them as a complication, support for multiple different complications at the same time
- Use the features for all watch faces and complication slots
- See Summaries of all configured data when you open the app
- Configure the period for data. For example, 7 day average Weight, Step Count from the last 24 hours, Yesterday’s walking distance, and more
- Set custom icon, from a selection of more than 100 icons
- Set colors, separately for value and icon (only for multicolor watch faces)
The Complications update every 20 minutes and provide refreshed data.
If you want better latency, you can open the app any time to see the most up-to-date data.
Since the app is standalone, you can configure and customize the app easily just using your Apple Watch (No iPhone app required).
Install Health Glance directly on your Apple Watch using the Apple Watch App Store
- Press the Digital Crown to see the Home screen and tap the App Store app
- Tap Search
- Type or dictate Health Glance using Scribble or Dictation
- Tap on the app to see detailed information
- Tap the price or tap Get
- When prompted, double-tap the watch’s side button to download and install the app
What about my privacy with Health Glance?
When it comes to privacy, the app only stores data needed for your complications, and stores this data locally, on your watch. The app never connects to the internet or any 3rd party service.
This is a new app that was launched recently but is quickly gaining momentum. This Apple Watch stand-alone app only costs $0.99 and provides a tonne of value for users looking for their health and fitness insights at their fingertips.
As an Amazon Associate MyHealthyApple may earn commissions from qualifying purchases using our links