Verily Life Sciences conducted a study that used over 1,000 Baseline Health Study volunteers gathering 12,269 nights of sleep data to develop clinical insights from sleep metrics.
- Google’s Verily Sets Up JV to help Millions of Sleep Apnea Sufferers
- Verily researching a new finger wearable continuous blood pressure monitor
- Pod Pro VS chiliSLEEP VS BedJet: cooling for a good night’s sleep
- Popular Sleep aid app Pzizz updated with new features
- Targeted Dream Incubation (TDI) takes sleep tracking and dream research to the next level
Verily Life Sciences’ Sleep Mission Study
The study collected total sleep time, sleep stages, number of awakenings along other subjective data over the period of October 1st to December 31st, 2019.
Here are some of the key insights that were produced from this study:
1.Reducing time to fall asleep by as little as 10 minutes may have the same impact as 1 hour of extra sleep on positive sleep perception
2. On average, participants met the expert-recommended 7 hours of sleep only on ~31% of the nights ( so you are not alone)
3. On average, participants slept 5 – 20 minutes longer during the weekends and went to sleep later by 10 – 30 minutes
4. In the week after daylight saving time people on average went to sleep 23 minutes earlier and were 12.8% more likely to report that they slept well compared to the week before the time change.
You can read all the details and check out the associated data points from Verliy.
Verily Life sciences have been working with Resmed for some time now in the area of sleep science.
By combining ResMed’s expertise in sleep apnea and verily’s advanced health data analytics technologies, the US-based joint venture is studying the health and financial impacts of undiagnosed and untreated sleep apnea.
The company continues developing software solutions that enable healthcare providers to more efficiently identify, diagnose, treat, and manage individuals with sleep apnea and other breathing-related sleep disorders.
As an Amazon Associate MyHealthyApple may earn commissions from qualifying purchases using our links