If you have trouble falling asleep, chances are that you may have already tried out the popular Pzizz app.
Launched in 2006, Pzizz was one of the original apps specializing in the sleep and the whole psychoacoustics space and now has more than a million users who use the app’s guided voicings to fall asleep daily.
- Pod Pro VS chiliSLEEP VS BedJet: cooling for a good night’s sleep
- Verily Life sciences announce results of Baseline Sleep Mission Study
- Sleep Apnea? The new Withings ScanWatch promises to deliver where it matters most
- Google’s Verily Sets Up JV to help Millions of Sleep Apnea Sufferers
- Targeted Dream Incubation (TDI) takes sleep tracking and dream research to the next level
The Pzizz app details
This app combines scientific research with internal learnings to create “Dreamscapes” tailored to improve your sleep cycle.
We all know how important a good sleep cycle and rest are to one’s recovery.
The app creates sequences of sound — “Dreamscapes” — tailored to various portions of your sleep cycle.
On top of these Dreamscapes, they layer in voice narrations based on clinical sleep interventions.
Things like diaphragmatic and heart rate variability breathing, grounding, mindfulness meditation, guided imagery, somatic awareness, progressive muscle relaxation, autogenic training, hypnosis, and more.
The pzizz app is especially designed for:
- People who have trouble falling asleep, staying asleep, or waking up feeling refreshed.
- People who feel tired during the middle of the day and are open to using a quick nap to boost their energy levels.
- Anyone who wants better sleep, even if you think you get good sleep now, as Pzizz can improve every aspect of your rest.
- People who want to get in the zone and be more productive.
The app is available for both Android as well as iOS platforms and you can download them from the app store for free. Please note that the app offers a yearly $69.99 subscription for some of the advanced features.
The new updates to Pzizz come via their Pzizz 5.0 which was released in early September.
Featuring a completely new interface, the app provides some of these key changes:
- New narration genres, including Sleep Meditations, Sleepy Stories, Sleep Journeys, Dreamy Myths, and more.
- New narrators, including the ability to support more than two voices for each narration
- The favoriting system has been overhauled and made much more robust. Favorites will now take into account all of the settings you’ve selected on your settings screen, giving you the ability to save highly customized sessions easily.
- Manage storage; have more control over your storage by choosing what content stays on your device
- Pomodoro timer in the Focus module
- You can now ‘dislike’ a narrator, dreamscape, or narration independently from each other
- The ability to create custom reminders
After nearly 15 years, Pzizz made its name in the space. NBA pros, seasoned journalists, and celebrities swear by it.
Some claim it cured their insomnia, improved their sleep quality, and eased traumas.
Pzizz’s CEO, Rockwell Shah, explains how they do it on Product Hunt:
“Meditation is great. But there are so many other techniques that can help you get better sleep. Progressive Muscle Relaxation, Autogenic Training, Psycho-acoustics, HRV Breathing, Sleep hypnosis, CBT-i, Guided Imagery, and more. The research even shows that combining techniques is generally more effective than using one alone.”
The team also released their Focuscapes feature for web and desktop in August, 2020, currently available for free. And you can try out the beta at focuz.pzizz.com
As an Amazon Associate MyHealthyApple may earn commissions from qualifying purchases using our links