Withings has added a new premium hybrid smartwatch to its offerings. The new ScanWatch Horizon is stylish, luxurious and houses all the essentials for health and wellness monitoring.
- Withings and Mayo Clinic Collaborate to study obstructive Sleep Apnea via Sleep Tracking Mat
- Sleep Apnea? The new Withings ScanWatch promises to deliver where it matters most
- 3 Best Blood Pressure Monitors to use with Apple’s Health app
The new line of men’s watches is modeled along the lines of Rolex or Seiko Prospex steel dive watches.
Design and Features
The 316L Stainless steel case on the Scanwatch Horizons and the sapphire glass add the durability that is emblematic of premium men’s luxury watches.
Easily Swap bands between the Oyster Metal and Fluoroelastomer Sport band (included), or change it up with your wristband to add your touch of fashion. The digital crown on the side of the watch enables easy selection and the ability to scroll through features.
In terms of exact dimensions, The new 43mm model is 43mm diameter (1.7’’),13,28mm thickness (0.52’’),20mm wristband width (0.78’’), and the watch weighs 72g.
The stainless steel case features a rotating stainless steel bezel, a sunray brass dial with applied stainless steel indexes with luminous coating, and brass hands with luminous coating.
The watch comes standard with a stainless steel wristband and a durable, water-resistant fluoroelastomer (FKM) wristband.
The PMOLED screen displays SpO2, irregular rhythm, smartphone notifications, heart rate, steps, floors climbed, distance, calories, activities, and settings.
Notifications display previews of incoming calls, text messages, calendar events, and third-party apps that are easily viewable right from the bright display.
The new Withings Horizons is probably the first smartwatch of its kind that offers not one, not two but a 5-Year Warranty.
When it comes to health and wellness features, this clinically tested smartwatch from Withings doesn’t disappoint.
ScanWatch Horizons Health and Wellness Features
- On-demand ECG – The ECG (Electrocardiogram) has become a staple feature in most smartwatches today. The Horizons smartwatch can help you with a 30 second ECG scan and show the results on your watch’s screen, or you can use the app on your smartphone and check out the millimetric grid for a more in-depth diagnostic report.
- Heart Rate Monitoring – Records heart rate every 10 minutes for round-the-clock tracking. Continuous heart rate is provided in Workout Mode.
- Breathing Disturbances Detection – The Respiratory Scan feature, a brand new smartwatch feature, can help detect breathing disturbances via blood oxygen saturation levels, heart rate, breathing frequency, and movement. We are eager to try out this feature and see how Withings has implemented it.
- Blood Oxygen Level Monitoring – The ScanWatch Horizons provides users with an on-demand oxygen saturation level (SpO2) score in just 30 seconds. This is an excellent addition as many premium smartwatches only measure the SpO2 nightly and provide detailed analysis in a subscription app.
- Sleep-Tracking – Withings is known as an innovator when it comes to sleep tracking and monitoring. Set a silent vibrating alarm and take advantage of Smart Wake-Up with the new Horizons ScanWatch. Wake to a full report with heart health tracking, a Sleep Score based on sleep cycles, sleep duration, and wake-ups. One of the other features that users will like is that it shows a ‘Recovery’ score in the Sleep metrics section and further details such as the number of sleep interruptions and the regularity of your sleep.
- In terms of activity tracking, you can use the new smartwatch for keeping tab of your walking, running, and other activities. The Horizons smartwatch provides you with steps, distance, and calories information. Unlike many other smartwatches, the calorie readings are provided in metabolic calories and total calories spent.
- The Smartwatch is equipped with exercise auto-detection features. Start a workout and forget to switch on workout tracking? No worries. The auto-detection feature is there to remind you to start logging your miles.
- The ScanWatch Horizons also can calculate Cardio Fitness levels and provide VO2 Max numbers to fitness enthusiasts.
- A swim-proof smartwatch that automatically detects your swimming workouts and keeps track of the same. The Horizons ScanWatch is Water resistant up to 330 feet deep (100 m, 10 ATM)
Last but not least, the ScanWatch Horizons promises a battery charge of 30 days in normal use.
Users can get 20 additional days from the battery when they use it in power reserve mode. (time and activity tracking only).
If you are in the market for a luxurious men’s smartwatch that has all the bells and whistles about health and wellness and packs a solid punch when it comes to battery life, the Withings Horizons ScanWatch should be one of the top contenders on your list.
You can buy it directly from the Withings website or use Amazon to order this new SmartWatch.