Apple has added a new feature with watchOS 8. This new Voice Feedback feature has been available on other smartwatches such as the Samsung Galaxy Watch and Fossil Gen 5 for some time now, but this is the first time Apple has incorporated the Voice Feedback feature on the Apple Watch.
Although it is a nice feature, many people like to listen to podcasts or music while exercising and might find this feature annoyingly disruptive.
- watchOS 8 Bluetooth’s Health device discoverability feature could benefit many Apple Watch users
- How to setup and check respiratory rate monitoring on Apple Watch and iPhone (watchOS 8)
- Set up and use the Walking Steadiness Score feature and notifications in iOS 15
- Turn on Sleep Mode on your Apple Watch using watchOS8
It is easy to turn off the Siri Voice Feedback feature on your Apple Watch.
How to Disable Siri Voice Feedback for Workout Feature on Apple Watch
Here is how you can disable the Voice Feedback feature on your Apple Watch running watchOS 8
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone running iOS 15+. Your watch should run watchOS 8+.
- Go to the ‘My Watch’’ tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on Workout.
- Toggle off ‘Voice Feedback’ at the bottom of the screen.
This change stops Siri from reading you your workout statistics and alerts while you are working out.
Change Voice Feedback setting directly on your Apple Watch
You can also toggle this setting on or off from your Apple Watch.
- Open Settings app > Workout and find the Voice Feedback setting right under the Units of Measure setting.
iOS 15 Disable announce notifications
The other place to check for this is in your iPhone Settings app.
- Open Settings App on your iPhone
- Tap on Notifications
- Scroll down and choose Fitness app
- Under the ‘Announce’ section, turn OFF Announce Notifications.
Interestingly, this feature was also a problem with the Samsung Galaxy 3 watches when they incorporated the “Audio Guide” feature on their Workouts screens.
Even when you can change the guide’s voice feedback frequency on the Samsung Watch, this problem remains.
Samsung’s Guide Frequency allows you to customize based on the number of miles or time duration. This type of customization is not yet available on the Apple Watch.
We hope you find this quick helpful tip as you check out other new fitness and health features of watchOS 8.