When it comes to tracking your weight loss or muscle gain, the average scale does not give you all the information you need or want. Measuring your body is the only way to get an accurate reading of your body, and this is where body tape measures come in.
A body tape measure provides an accurate measurement of your body circumference but also your body fat.
This tool is ideal for measuring the size of various body parts, like your waist, bust, arms, and more.
Weight trainers, bodybuilders, and other athletes use these devices to keep track of their muscle percentage.
- 5 best Apple Health app-compatible smart scales for every budget
- 10 Best Smart Thermometers that work with your iPhone or Android
- Customize Apple Watch units of measurements using the Watch and Health App (iOS 14+)
- Top 3 Samsung Health-compatible scales
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases using links in this post.
For the non-athletes out there, how does a tape measure benefit your fitness journey?
Studies show that measuring weight alone does not give an accurate portrayal of physical health.
Plus, muscle indeed weighs more than body fat, so your scale may be misleading you.
With a tape measure, the average person learns how their body distributes fat and muscle.
But using an old-schooled, ruled tape can be a hassle to use. And who has the time and patience to measure their body with an outdated body tape measure?
With technology making waves in the fitness industry, the smart tape measure has made its debut. But which tape measure device is the best?
So, let’s take a look at three popular and highly-rated smart tape measures from Amazon:
- Renpho Smart Tape Measure.
- FITINDEX Smart Body Tape Measure.
- BAGEL Pie Labs Smart Tape Measure.
Renpho Smart Tape Measure
The Renpho Smart Tape Measure is one of the large with dimensions at 4.8 x 3.6 x 1.5 inches. It has an easy-to-read LCD screen and Bluetooth capabilities and syncs with Apple Health, Google Fit, and Samsung Health apps.
The battery life of this smart tape measure is long-lasting. It uses a lithium metal battery, which comes included with your purchase.
You also get to choose your tape mode to measure in circumferences or straight lines so you can log all parts of your body to get a comprehensive picture of all your body measurements.
It is compatible with the Renpho app, which can also work with Renpho’s other smart fitness devices, like their smart scale.
This smart measure logs your waist circumference and anyone else in your family or household (Renpho allows unlimited users.) Plus, with the Renpho app, you can log all your body’s measurements and keep track of changes!
This device is highly-rated, and its app has millions of users.
- This smart tape measure has instant measurement saving and sends it directly to the Renpho app.
- It is a multifunctional device that works well for anyone who wants to measure their body, like a bodybuilder, a person working on losing fat, or an expecting mother.
- The app is very user-friendly and easy to use.
- The app keeps track of your body change trends, and it is easy to read.
- The device has a retractable easy-lock hook, which makes it easy and quick to use by yourself.
- The tape is durable, and the device is a high-quality product.
- It can track an unlimited amount of users, so this is great for professional trainers and fitness coaches with tons of clients.
- It can measure in both inches and centimeters.
- The smart tape pairs very well with the Renpho smart scale. Both of these devices use the same app.
- It’s an affordable option, especially with all the included features.
- The device turns on automatically when you pull the tape out, and it also turns off automatically after a few seconds when the tape retracts.
- This device can be awkward and hard to use at first if you have never used a body tape measure before, but it will be easier to use over time.
- Some users say the measurements can be inaccurate, but if that happens, you will need to recalibrate the device, and it should work fine after that.
- The tape measures up to 60 in or 150 cm.
- Smart Tape Measure. If you want your body measurements progress showing for graphing over time, this...
- Easy to Read. Reading the small numbers and lines on a traditional measuring tool is difficult and...
FITINDEX Smart Body Tape Measure
The FITINDEX Smart Body Tape Measure is similar to the Renpho but is slightly smaller, with dimensions of 4.58 x 3.54 x 1.65 inches.
It is compatible with the FITINDEX app, which is available on the App Store and Google Play.
The LED display is large, bright, clear, and easy to read. It also takes a lithium coin battery, and one is provided to you when you purchase the device.
With the FITINDEX, you can also measure things around the house with its dual-mode standard tape measure option.
- This device syncs your data right to the app.
- FITINDEX also makes a smart scale that pairs well with the tape measure.
- The device is easy to use and easy to read and get your measurement data.
- It has a retracing button and pin lock that helps you get the best and most accurate measurement.
- You can add an unlimited amount of users to the device.
- The device has a retractable button and lock pin.
- You have the option to measure in inches or centimeters.
- This device can measure both length and circumference.
- It is also multifunctional, you can use this device to measure your fat loss or muscle gain, and you can even use it to get exact body measurements for fabric tailoring or any sewing projects.
- This device is easy to use and has various button shortcuts. The left button saves your measurement data, the middle button turns the device on and off, and the right button switches between the different measurement options.
- It can only record up to 8 body parts, like your neck, shoulders, biceps, chest, waist, hips, thighs, and calves.
- The max length you can measure is 60 in or 152 cm.
- Some users have reported that they have had issues with the screen malfunctioning.
- Sync data to app. Smart Digital body tape connects with Fitindex app via Bluetooth 4.0 or above....
- Large, bright and clear LED monitor display, visualize reading, easy to read and get measure data....
BAGEL Pie Labs Smart Tape Measure
The BAGEL Pie Labs Smart Tape Measure is one of the best options. Unfortunately, it’s often not available. But we included it because people love it!
It’s light-weight, weighing only .09 kgs and its dimensions are 3.15 x 2.56 x .94 inches. It has a clear OLED display and Bluetooth capabilities.
This smart tape measure is battery operated and takes one lithium polymer battery, and one comes with your purchase.
This smart tape measure uses the PIE Healthcare Measure app. The app is compatible with Android and iOS devices.
With this app, you can easily keep track of all of your measurements.
- The PIE app lets its users set goals and has easy-to-read charts and graphs that monitor your progress.
- The BAGEL Pie also gives a body composition assessment that can give you an idea of your body’s overall health based on the data you provide.
- The smart tape measure automatically reports the stats it takes into the app and will record the data in your preferred measurement system (inches or centimeters).
- It is easy to use and has an easy lock hook.
- The app only keeps track of a few body parts like your biceps, calves, hips, thighs, waist, shoulders, and bust.
- The app can only keep track of measurements for 100 people.
- Several iOS users noted in their reviews that this smart tape measure did not easily pair with their smartphones.
- Limited features at a high price.
- It only measures up to 59 in or 1.5 m.
✔ TRACK PROGRESS - The Bagel Pie Smart Tape Measure pairs with the PIE for Healthcare Tape...
✔ BODY COMPOSITION ASSESSMENT - Weight alone is not an accurate indicator of body fat...
All three of these smart tape measures have their pros and cons, but which one is ultimately the best? Our vote goes to the Renpho Smart Tape Measure.
This device is the most affordable option that is the most multifunctional. To get the best use out of this smart tape measure, pair it with the Renpho smart scale.
The tape measure and scale work well together and even use the same app for all their data. All of your health information is in one convenient app!
We sometimes use affiliate links in our content from Amazon and others. It doesn’t cost you anything but helps us pay our expenses. Thank you for the support! Last update on 2023-02-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API