For many people, part of managing their overall health and fitness includes weight loss or maintenance. There’s been an increasing market for smart scales that work with the Fitbit app.
If you are already a Fitbit app user, this is great news! And if you’re using the new Pixel watch that also integrates with the Fitbit app, even greater news!
It’s important to note that using a scale should never be the only means of managing your health, but it can be a great tool to use in addition to tracking your exercise and nutrition.
- 1 5 best smart scales that work with the Fitbit app: Quick list
- 2 Our picks for best smart scales that work with the Fitbit app
- 3 Final thoughts
What are the benefits of using a smart scale versus a regular scale?
Regular scales often can’t distinguish between fat and muscle mass, which is crucial when progressing through a fitness journey.
Smart scales can also measure a whole host of other biometrics and seamlessly integrate them with apps on your phone. All of these components give you much more value and insight into your fitness journey than a regular scale could.
In this article, we’ll explore some of the best smart scales that work with the Fitbit app and detail how you can incorporate them into your personal health and fitness journey.
- 10 best Google Fit compatible smart scales for any budget
- 6 best Apple Health app compatible smart scales for every budget
- Smart gear to help you measure your belly and body fat
- Top 3 Samsung Health compatible scales
- 10 Best Smart Thermometers that work with your iPhone or Android
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases using links in this post.
5 best smart scales that work with the Fitbit app: Quick list
If you’re short on time, check out our quick list guide below that gives you a brief introduction to our picks for the best smart scales that work with the Fitbit app.
Don’t forget to return later to read the entire article for a more in-depth review of each scale. **Best are Fitbit’s Aria and Withings
- WYZE Smart Scale: Best budget option
- Withings Body Comp: Best high-end, tech-forward option
- Fitbit Aria Air: Best simple and straightforward option
- Etekcity HR Smart Fitness Scale: Best customizable option
- Greater Goods Premium Wi-Fi Smart Scale: Best middle-of-the-pack option for price and features
Our picks for best smart scales that work with the Fitbit app
Keep reading for our review of each smart scale’s specific features, details, and workings.
The WYZE scale is an excellent budget option for those who aren’t sure if they want to commit to spending over $100 for a smart scale.
Don’t let its lower price fool you, though, because it is still quite feature-rich!
WYZE advertises its scale as a “Bluetooth smart body composition analyzer that tracks 12 essential body metrics.”
Those 12 body metrics include:
- Overall weight
- Body fat percentage
- Heart rate
- Lean body mass
- Body mass index (BMI)
- Muscle mass
- Visceral fat
- Basal metabolic rate (BMR)
- Bone mass
These features really paint a comprehensive picture of your health and fitness. For example, it’s important to know your overall body weight but then be able to break down actual muscle mass and decipher that from fat mass.
- WHOLE BODY COMPOSITION ANALYSIS - Health is measured by more than just weight. Wyze Scale S also...
- SYNC DATA WITH WYZE APP & OTHER POPULAR FITNESS APPS - Connect and sync your data with popular...
The actual scale has an ITO-coated glass surface and a clear LED display for easy viewing.
You can add up to eight unique users, and the scale remembers each profile as soon as you step onto it.
You can also share your stats with others via the WYZE app. PLUS, you can sync this to the Fitbit app if you prefer to view all your health metrics in one place.
- Measures 12 important biometrics
- Offers results sharing
- Up to eight unique users can make profiles with the scale
- Lowest price for a feature-rich scale
- The WYZE app is pretty basic, but if you plan to use the scale with your Fitbit app, then this is not an issue
Withings Wi-Fi Body Smart Scales
If you’re familiar at all with the health and fitness technology industry, then it’s no surprise that a Withings product is on our list.
Withings has created some of the best smart scales on the market, including the Body, Body+, Body Cardio, and their newest model, the Withings Body Comp.
All of Withings’ Body line of scales sync to the Fitbit app using the free Withings Health Mate app.
- #1 BEST-SELLING SMART SCALE In the US. One of the smartest digital scales for body weight, making it...
- BODY COMPOSITION - The withings scale functions as a bmi measurement tool or body fat analyzer. This...
You also get robust features like automatic syncing with Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, multi-user support for up to 8 people, weight and BMI information for each user, activity reports, long battery life between 12-18 months, and food tracking support using MyFitnessPal.
Some models like the Body+, Body Cardio, and the newest Body Comp also track your entire body composition and heart rate.
Withings also offers on its higher-end rechargeable models (read more expensive) that provide some additional features like heart rate tracking and a unique feature called Vascular age, that’s considered one of the best ways to assess your cardiovascular health.
- #1 WORLDWIDE - FIRST SMART SCALE WITH CARDIO CHECK-UP. It's a one of a kind weight scale for body...
- HEART RATE MONITOR - Get heart rate with the built-in heart monitor plus an indication of your...
The Body Comp is the model with the latest health features, such as new and improved biomarkers. Withings worked hard to add additional sensors and proprietary technology to provide more precise and accurate measurements of your body.
These heightened sensors and new technology now provide the most comprehensive assessment ever offered on Withings scales.
These measurable metrics include:
- Electrodermal Activity Score to assess overall health
- Muscle mass
- Fat mass
- Water mass
- Visceral fat
- Bone mass
- Cardiovascular assessment
- Vascular age
- Air quality report and assessment
The newest and most intriguing feature is the Electrodermal Activity Score. Body Comp can measure your sweat gland stimulation in your feet and provide great insights about your overall gland activity and health.
It’s an interesting metric that is often influenced by diet and activity.
With the Body Comp, you’ll also get 12 months of access to Withings’ Health+ in-app experience. Health+ provides workout and nutrition guides and encouragement.
It also delivers in-depth biomarker analyses to inform you about your overall health and progress.
Something to consider is that after your 12 months are up if you’d like to continue using the Health+ feature, it’ll cost you $9.99/month. You can always unsubscribe if the time comes and you no longer wish to use Health+.
You can sync Withings products with a handful of different health apps, which is why we think it is one of the best smart scales that work with the Fitbit app.
And if you ever decide to leave Fitbit for Apple, Samsung, or Google Fit, a Withings scale can go with you–it’s compatible with them all!
- In-depth, highly-researched, and technology-backed biometric measurements and analysis
- Up to 8 users can create accounts on one smart scale
- Comes with a free year of their Health+ feature (for the Body Comp model)
- The higher price is definitely an investment
Fitbit Aria Air
Fitbit’s own Aria Air smart scale is a simplistic but thorough option for those who don’t want to be overwhelmed by excessive metrics.
If you value high-tech, feature-rich products, then this particular scale probably isn’t for you.
However, if you’re looking for a solid product that tracks your weight, integrates it into an app to show progress, and doesn’t break the bank, then the Aria Air could be your perfect match.
- Measures and displays weight on the screen
- Syncs stats to your Fitbit dashboard using Bluetooth wireless technology
The Aria Air tracks your weight and calculates your BMI instantaneously as soon as you open the Fitbit app.
You’re always presented with easy-to-read charts and graphs that help you visualize your progress over time.
The setup is insanely easy, and the scale syncs with your phone and the compatible Fitbit app via Bluetooth.
If you already use a Fitbit watch or other activity tracker, staying within the Fitbit family of products may be the easiest thing for you.
We love this scale because not everyone is hunting for the most complex product. If you value a simple, user-friendly design, then the Aria Air is an excellent option.
- Many praise this scale for its simplistic design and features
- Very affordable
- Allows multiple users to have accounts on one scale
- Some may view it as too simplistic and not “smart” enough
Etekcity HR Smart Fitness Scale
This smart scale is jam-packed with features and clever assessment tools.
The Etekcity HR Smart Fitness Scale actually uses bioelectrical impedance (BIA) technology to get super accurate readings in seconds.
This safe, low-amplitude current allows the scale to conduct a complete body composition analysis in such a short time.
Etekcity can assess a staggering 14 biometric components:
- Heart rate (their newest feature!)
- Subcutaneous fat
- Bone mass
- Overall body fat
- Body water
- Skeletal mass
- Metabolic age
- Visceral fat
- Muscle mass
- Fat-free body weight
It works as most other smart scales do with a companion app that churns out insightful graphs and charts to measure progress over time.
It also easily syncs to the Fitbit app, which is why you’re here in the first place.
- FSA / HSA eligible
- FIRST-RATE QUALITY: Don't settle for less. As the selling brand of body weight scales in the US,...
What makes this scale stand out is its highly customizable features. For example, if you’re pregnant, you can select to turn on zero-current mode.
With this mode turned on, it turns off the electrical current responsible for some of the more advanced features. You’ll still be able to measure your body weight and BMI until you decide to turn the current back on.
Its smart customization also allows you to select which metrics you want to measure and have displayed on the scale’s screen.
This is super nice so that you aren’t forced to cycle through 14 items if you don’t care or don’t want to measure all of them.
I think we live in a world where we like to have things catered to us or have the ability to change things in a way that fits us best. The customizability of this scale checks all those boxes!
Because of Etekcity’s abundant features, customizable options, and reasonable price, we think this is one of the best smart scales that work with the Fitbit app.
- Highly customizable
- Unlimited user profiles can be created on one scale
- Lower price for high-end features
- Some may find it overwhelming with its abundance of advanced features
Greater Goods Premium Wi-Fi Smart Scale
The Greater Goods scale is a solid contender that can measure some core fitness metrics but doesn’t feel overwhelming or cluttered with too much detail.
This smart scale measures six body comp metrics:
- Body mass index (BMI)
- Body fat
- Bone mass
- Muscle mass
- Water weight
- Overall body weight
Because it also uses Wi-Fi to integrate results from the scale, you don’t physically need your phone within reach when you step on the scale.
It’s also got some excellent physical features like a back-lit LCD screen, large numbers for ease of reading, and tempered glass with indium tin oxide coating, which is their secret to getting accurate measurements.
- A Premium Choice: Greater Goods in-house fitness app, Weight Gurus, syncs automatically and works in...
- Fresh Features: High-end conductive, ITO etching on the premium Greater Goods smart scale tracks...
Just step onto the scale (it’ll recognize your unique profile), and within seconds your updated metrics are sent to the cloud to sync with whatever app you choose. In this case, it’d be your Fitbit app.
The Greater Goods Premium Wi-Fi Smart Scale may be more simplistic, but it covers all the significant body composition metrics that one would want when tracking their progress.
- Affordable price
- Can create up to 8 unique users per scale
- It doesn’t have some of the more advanced biometrics that other scales have
Incorporating a smart scale into your routine could provide a handful of insightful biometrics important for any health and fitness journey.
We hope that one of these five scales could be your perfect match and maybe just the thing you are looking for as you progress on your health and fitness journey.
Which scale do you think would be the best fit for you?
We sometimes use affiliate links in our content from Amazon and others. It doesn’t cost you anything but helps us pay our expenses. Thank you for the support! Last update on 2023-03-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API