If you track your exercise and nutrition using the Google Fit app, it may be worth your time to look into some of the best smart scales compatible with Google Fit.
We’re already used to seeing every type of smartphone, smartwatch, power meter, and other types of fitness tracker these days, but smart scales are becoming increasingly popular.
The (usually) dreaded scale shouldn’t be your only means to track your fitness and health, though. It can be a great tool to add to a more comprehensive program.
Fitness wearables, like a Fitbit or Pixel Watch, can’t accurately track and display your body composition (e.g., muscle mass versus fat mass), and this is a huge marker of overall health.
However, a smart scale with Google Fit can track your weight and body composition. To do this, you first connect a smart scale to your Google Fit account. Once you connect the two, you can weigh yourself, and Google Fit automatically tracks your weight and body composition data.
Plus, smart scales go far beyond what a normal scale can. Let’s explore some of the best smart scales that you can pair directly or indirectly via a companion app with Google Fit.
- 1 In a hurry? Check out our quick list of recommended Google Fit-compatible smart scales
- 2 What are the benefits of using a smart scale versus a regular scale?
- 3 How do I use the Google Fit app with these smart scales?
- 4 Our picks for the 10 best smart scales you can pair with Google Fit
- 4.1 1. EUFY SMART SCALE P2
- 4.2 2. EUFY SMART SCALE P2 PRO
- 4.3 3. LEPULSE
- 4.4 4. WITHINGS BODY CARDIO
- 4.5 5. QUARDIOBASE X
- 4.6 6. INEVIFIT SMART BODY FAT SCALE
- 4.7 7. WYZE
- 4.8 8. RENPHO SMART BODY SCALE
- 4.9 9. ETEKCITY APEX HR SMART FITNESS SCALE
- 4.10 10. GREATER GOODS PREMIUM SMART SCALE (V.2)
- 4.11 Pros
- 4.12 Cons
- 5 Final thoughts on the best smart scales you can pair with Google Fit
- 4 best Google Fit-compatible blood pressure monitors
- 6 best Apple Health app compatible smart scales for every budget
- 5 best smart scales that work with the Fitbit app
- 10 Best Smart Thermometers that work with your iPhone or Android
- Google Fit not tracking activities? Here’s how to fix it
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases using links in this post.
In a hurry? Check out our quick list of recommended Google Fit-compatible smart scales
If you don’t have time to read through all of our reviews right now or want our recommendations without getting all the details, here are our top smart scales that integrate with Google Fit.
You can click on any of them to be taken directly to their website to learn more.
- Eufy Smart Scale P2: Best budget option
- Eufy Smart Scale P2 Pro: Fan favorite
- Lepulse Household Smart Body Fat Scale: Best family option
- Withings Body Cardio: The best choice for heart health tracking
- QardioBase X: Our favorite high-end option
- Inevifit: Best scale geared towards fat loss
- WYZE: Most simple and straightforward to use
- Renpho Smart Body Scale: Best choice with multiple budget-friendly models
- Etekcity Apex HR Smart Fitness Scale: The best option for customizations
- Greater Goods Premium Smart Scale (V.2): Most basic smart model
What are the benefits of using a smart scale versus a regular scale?
Since smart scales automatically sync your data to your phone and Google Fit or the scales companion app, it’s much easier to track progress over time and stay on track with your health and fitness goals.
Additionally, Google Fit and/or the scale’s companion app show your weight and body composition trends and even provide personalized recommendations to help you meet your health goals.
Fat and muscle mass detection
Regular scales often can’t distinguish between fat and muscle mass.
To track body composition, most smart scales use a safe, painless, low-intensity electrical current through your body (bioelectric impedance analysis or BIA) to determine how much of your total weight is fat-free mass and how much is body fat. BIA works because fat tissue is more resistant to electrical current than muscle tissue.
Some smart scales even track other body measurements, such as visceral fat, bone, muscle mass, and some even track your cardiovascular health.
One thing to note is that while your scale tracks many different body measurements, Google Fit limits its app to track just a few of these body measurements: height, weight/body mass, body mass index, and body fat percentage.
Additionally, recent research indicates that a smart scale’s body composition measurements are not as accurate as a DEXA scan from your doctor’s office. Smart scales tend to underestimate your body fat percentage and over/underestimate muscle mass.
We find that the best way to use a smart scale is to track your body measurement trends over time. When you consistently use the same scale, a smart scale is great at showing your progress or lack of progress in changing your body composition from month to month or year to year.
Tips to get the most out of your smart scale
- Try to use the scale at the same time every day.
- Don’t weigh in if you’re dehydrated or overhydrated. And avoid drinking caffeine or alcohol in the hour leading up to using the scale.
- Don’t use the scale immediately after exercise or after bathing/swimming. Wait at least 30 minutes post-workout or post-showering.
How do I use the Google Fit app with these smart scales?
Using Google Fit has become a convenient way to store all of your health data in one place. It often makes it easily sharable with family or medical providers.
You can essentially grant other apps access to sharing this data with your Google account.
Some apps may have slight variations, but in general, you can connect an app with Google Fit by:
- Opening that desired app (e.g., Strava, MyFitnessPal, EufyLife, etc.)
- Head to their Settings tab.
- Look for an option to connect, link, or manage other apps.
- You’ll be guided through a few simple prompts to sync the two apps, and then you’re all done!
- Google Fit receives your health metrics from the connected app.
Click here to view a comprehensive list of apps that syncs with Google Fit.
Our picks for the 10 best smart scales you can pair with Google Fit
1. EUFY SMART SCALE P2
Eufy’s motto is “smart home simplified,” They’ve truly taken that to heart. Their array of intelligent products ranges from laser-guided robot vacuums, high-tech security systems, appliances, and – you guessed it – smart scales.
Eufy’s standard smart scale promises to provide you with full-body insight. It measures 15 core features important for health tracking and weight loss or maintenance.
Some of these metrics include your overall weight and body fat percentage, BMI, water, muscle mass, bone density, and visceral & subcutaneous fat. Those body fat percentages are an approximation obtained from sending a finite electric current through your body from one foot to the other and measuring the resistance.
To be honest, this scale is more comprehensive than most doctors’ in-office scales.
- INSIGHTFUL MEASUREMENTS: Get 15 detailed readings of your body including body weight, body Fat, BMI,...
- 3D VIRTUAL MODEL: Watch your body's progress throughout your fitness journey with a virtual, 3D...
Though the scale only shows your weight, all other metrics are seamlessly displayed via Bluetooth connectivity in the EufyLife companion app.
The app’s setup process is insanely simple, just put in 4 AAA batteries (last about 6 months) and connect it via WiFi (2.4 GHz) or Bluetooth. And once it’s done, you won’t have to pair it again. Make sure you’re running iOS 11.0 and Android 5 or later.
In addition to just measuring your body metrics, the Eufy smart scale can accommodate unlimited users! There’s even a Pet mode or Baby mode to track your baby or pet.
It’s also an FDA-listed device, so you can count on reliable readings every time you step on it. This is all thanks to its four comprehensive sensors.
It’s also one of the best budget-friendly smart scales we’ve seen that pairs with Google Fit via its companion app.
- IPX5 waterproof
- Feature-rich and offers unlimited users
- Not as many health metrics as the Pro models
- Uses AAA batteries
2. EUFY SMART SCALE P2 PRO
The P2 Pro is the Eufy standard smart scale’s smarter, cooler brother. But not by much.
This scale is still pretty reasonably priced, but it’s packed full of additional features that have added perks.
Its 16-measurement platform includes all of the ones that the standard smart scale does, but it’s got some additional metrics that include determining your body age, body type, and protein concentration.
The difference between the P2 and the P2 Pro is that the pro model has a heart rate monitoring feature and an advanced body composition feature called the ITO layer (Indium Tin Oxide.) This ITO layer provides high conductivity for more reliable body composition and fat mass analysis.
- FULL BODY COMPOSITION ANALYSIS: Track your daily progress and monitor 16 detailed measurements of...
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY FOR HIGH ACCURACY: The sensitive ITO-coating technology on Smart Scale P2 Pro...
You can also add unlimited users to your account with this model.
Another helpful (and fun) feature is its U-Body 3D model within the EufyLife app. This provides an accurate visual representation of YOU.
Having a 3D model is actually quite insightful. It can depict body fat distribution patterns and uniquely show fat loss (or muscle growth) over time on your own personal avatar.
We think the P2 Pro is an excellent option for smart scales that pair with Google Fit, and with its high reviews online, so do many others.
- 3D model feature
- Unlimited users for one account
- IPX5 waterproof
- Some users have noted to be a bit overwhelmed with the number of different body composition metrics
- Not rechargeable, uses AAA batteries
This scale is truly a beautiful product with its large, color-rich LCD screen built directly into the scale.
Unlike many other smart scales, the Lepulse can display more than just your weight on the screen. You’re hit with all the other foundational metrics, such as your muscle mass, body water percentage, bone mass, and even your heart rate.
This is a nice feature if your phone isn’t near you. You’ll still be able to view these other measurements without opening the companion app, Fitdays.
Within the app, you can simply sync your Lepulse account with your Google Fit and see all of your health metrics in one place.
Not to worry, though, because the scale still continuously transmits this data, so your new stats are waiting patiently in the app the next time you open it.
- 15 Essential Body Composition Analyzer: Scales for body weight and fat utilizes Bio-electrical...
- Extra Large LCD Display: Different from other bathroom scales that only display weight, Our scales...
Lepulse allows you to create 24 individual accounts linked to your scale, and there is even a Baby Mode! Simply hold your youngest family member and step on the scale.
It automatically detects the added body weight and interprets that separately from your own.
- Large, easy-to-read LCD screen directly on the scale
- A unique feature of Baby Mode
- 24 users can be linked to one account
- More expensive at $89.99
4. WITHINGS BODY CARDIO
Withings is well-known in the health technology realm. Their most advanced smart scale has been praised for its advancements in monitoring your heart health.
Developed with the assistance of cardiologists, the Body Cardio has been validated by several studies throughout the EU and the US. One additional cool feature that you’ll find with this Withings model is its ability to determine Vascular Age.
Our arteries are the root of our heart and vascular health. Determining one’s vascular age (e.g., assessing for vascular efficiency, clogged arteries, etc.) may help lessen the risk of developing vascular disease later on.
And this is all done using a smart scale? Yes! Thanks to advanced sensors, you’ll receive a full body composition analysis using bioelectrical impedance and a specifically-designed algorithm that helps determine this.
- #1 WORLDWIDE - FIRST SMART SCALE WITH CARDIO CHECK-UP. It's a one of a kind weight scale for body...
- HEART RATE MONITOR - Get heart rate with the built-in heart monitor plus an indication of your...
The Withings Body Cardio smart scale also provides the typical biometric stats you would expect (e.g., fat mass, muscle mass, water percentage, etc.), but where it excels is truly with your heart health.
Easily connect all of this data to the Withings HealthMate app to track your progress and measurements over time. From here, you can connect to your Google Fit account and view your information there as well.
Overall, we think it’s one of the best smart scales on the market, particularly if you want to monitor your heart and vascular system more carefully.
- High-precision, tested sensors
- 12 months of battery life
- Able to connect the scale via WiFi, allowing you to take measurements without your phone nearby
- Has a pregnancy, baby, and athlete mode to track differing body compositions
5. QUARDIOBASE X
Qardio continues to be a leading brand in health and fitness tech, and it’s no surprise that it offers one of the best smart scales out there right now.
It’s truly a more luxurious smart scale that works with WiFi (2.4 Ghz) and Bluetooth with a rechargeable battery that lasts up to 12 months between charges, but it deserves that title with its feature-rich components.
It also includes all of the standard features that its cheaper counterparts do (e.g., muscle mass, fat mass, bone density, water percentage, and general body composition).
- BODY COMPOSITION SCALE - QardioBase X measures your weight (lb, kg, st), calculates BMI and tracks...
- BEST SMART SCALE - According to CNET, an independent website that reviews technology and consumer...
It has a beautiful, large display that rotates through your stats at every weigh-in. The QardioBase X automatically recognizes multiple registered family members (up to 8 total people), and there’s also a visitor mode for unregistered users.
It’s equipped with a special Pregnancy Mode that can evaluate body composition for soon-to-be moms. And there’s even an Athlete Mode for the measurement of lower fat mass and higher muscle mass that most athletes’ bodies have.
Don’t forget to connect to the Qardio Heart Health app to view your progress in greater detail. This app also allows you to sync data to Google Fit or MyFitnessPal (along with Samsung Health and Apple Health.)
- Haptic feedback (get a gentle vibration when the reading is complete – great for the visually impaired!)
- The entire family can be supported on one account
- Elegant, minimalistic design
- High retail price
6. INEVIFIT SMART BODY FAT SCALE
This brand has several different models, from Deluxe to Premium. We review the cheaper Deluxe option (Model I-BF001) to see what features you’ll get for a more economical price.
As with most smart scales, the Inevifit can track various crucial body composition metrics: 13 to be exact. You’ll get everything from total body weight to skeletal muscle, fat mass, BMI, metabolic age, and bone mass (just to name a few).
- ENJOY TRACKING YOUR FITNESS JOURNEY: This smart body composition scale tracks 13 key fitness...
- POWERFUL FREE APP: The Eros Scale app is simple to use, supports unlimited number of profiles for...
This scale can accurately analyze these components via a bio-electrical impedance analysis that considers your age, gender, level of physical activity, height, and weight.
Their companion app of the same name is free and seamlessly syncs to the scale for easy tracking.
With unlimited users allowed, your entire family (and friends!) can use the Inevifit scale and app to track progress and share results.
- Prices start at just $39.99
- Unlimited users to one scale/account
- It covers all of your basic body composition metrics
- Lacks some of the higher-end features of more expensive scales
The WYZE is one of the best smart scales for those on a budget. It seems to be the most simplistic and straightforward, so you’re not going to get the dozens of features that more expensive scales can offer.
This may also be an appealing factor for some buyers who don’t want to get caught up in the 20+ detailed body measurements.
- HIGH-QUALITY: Every time you open a Wyze box, we will do everything possible to make you say, just...
- COMPLETE BODY COMPOSITION ANALYSIS - The WYZE body weight scale measures your weight, body fat %,...
If you’re looking for a scale that still offers some beneficial body composition measurements, syncs to a companion app, but isn’t cluttered with overwhelming stats, this is a great option.
WYZE offers around 10 body composition metrics that you can measure and track. All of this information always automatically syncs to its WYZE companion app.
Eight users can be linked to one scale, but it offers unlimited sharing. Overall, it’s an excellent budget option for current smart scales on the market.
- Budget option at $23.99
- It covers all the basics of body composition measurements
- Simple, straightforward, and without excess information
- Lacks more advanced features of luxury models
8. RENPHO SMART BODY SCALE
The Renpho line of smart scales are great budget options for those looking to get some nifty smart features but don’t want to be overwhelmed by loads of advanced metrics.
Renpho has three models to choose from Basic (Bluetooth only), Basic (Wifi), and Premium (Wifi). And best of all, they are all budget-friendly ranging.
- RENPHO has seven years of innovative technology and over 16 million users. We sell several lifestyle...
- 13 Analysis of Main Body Composition Monitors: Including body weight, body fat percentage, BMI, bone...
We’ll be reviewing their standard basic model, but head to their website if you’d like to see a comparison list.
This smart scale analyzes 13 body composition indexes (all the standard ones you’re thinking of and that we’ve mentioned in other reviews).
One great feature that we don’t usually see on budget smart scales is its capability to provide unlimited user profiles. This way, your entire family can easily use the same scale and account to monitor progress.
The Renpho companion app is connected to the scale via Bluetooth. You’ll have instant access to your newest measurements right in the palm of your hand.
The app’s clean and bright display makes it enjoyable to look at and easy to navigate. You are, of course, able to sync to Google Fit and a handful of other popular health apps.
- Inexpensive option
- Unlimited user profiles
- Can’t connect the basic model via Wifi
- The surface is just glass and not protected by an ITO coating
9. ETEKCITY APEX HR SMART FITNESS SCALE
The Etekcity smart scale is a great middle-of-the-line model with a handful of smart features but a price that won’t break the bank.
Offering 14 biometric measurements, this scale equips you with plenty of health and fitness statistics to keep you working towards your goals. It gets praised for its swiftness in delivering a full body composition analysis in just seconds.
It boasts a large TFT display, rounded corners, anti-skid padding for safety, and is rechargeable via USB-C. The vibrancy and range of colors on the scale’s digital screen are truly stunning!
- FSA / HSA eligible. Syncs with apple watch
- FIRST-RATE QUALITY: Don't settle for less. As the selling brand of body weight scales in the US,...
You are free to (and encouraged to) customize the workings of the scale. You have the option to turn on Zero-Current Mode to turn off the electrical current function if you’re pregnant – just to be safe.
You’ll still be able to use the scale to measure your weight and BMI with Zero-Current Mode, but some of the other advanced features won’t be logged with this option turned on.
You can also customize your user interface within the VeSync companion app. Customize which biometrics are displayed on the scale and even in what order. Using the Etekcity smart scale is a solid personalized experience.
- The solid mid-budget smart scale
- USB-C rechargeable
- Large TFT high-resolution graphic display
- Highly customizable
- Unlimited users
- We couldn’t think of any!
10. GREATER GOODS PREMIUM SMART SCALE (V.2)
We have another mid-range model coming your way to round out our list of reviews! This is a solid, smart scale that’s got just enough smart features to give you that high-tech feel without all the clutter that comes with some more advanced models.
With this scale, you’ll be able to track six key body metrics (weight, BMI, body fat, muscle mass, bone density, and water weight).
- A Premium Choice: Between the design and quality, this smart scale is going to last and function at...
- Fresh Features: The qualities you need and expect in a smart scale, and a few you had no idea you...
It supports up to eight users and connects via Bluetooth to transmit this data to its Weight Gurus app or several third-party apps – including Google Fit.
The scale’s screen displays full results after each weigh-in, and Greater Goods boasts that its Indium Tin Oxide coating ensures the most accurate readings.
Overall, it’s a solid product with some good core features, but it’s not the fanciest model on the market.
- Mid-range price
- It covers your basic body composition metrics
- Some may want their scale to measure more than just six metrics
- It only allows for eight users (which may not be an issue for smaller families)
Final thoughts on the best smart scales you can pair with Google Fit
We hope you’ve found this comprehensive list helpful in highlighting some of the best smart scales linked to your Google Fit account.
If you are serious about tracking your weight and body composition, I recommend using a smart scale and Google Fit. These tools help you track your progress over time and make informed decisions about lifestyle, diet, and exercise.
There is a scale for everyone, whether you’re looking to spend just a few dollars or willing to pay over a hundred. Perhaps you think a smart scale is even worth it?
Weight loss, weight management, and overall health maintenance, in general, go far beyond what the number on a scale says.
For example, if athletes only relied on their BMI to determine their health, they would be significantly misrepresented because one’s BMI can’t factor in increased muscle mass for a very active person.
Using a smart scale can provide you with so much more information that considers your fat mass versus muscle, age, gender, and activity level. Some of these scales even monitor your heart health.
We love the idea of incorporating one of these smart scales into a regular health and fitness routine. Which one on this list would you pick?
We sometimes use affiliate links in our content from Amazon and others. It doesn’t cost you anything but helps us pay our expenses. Thank you for the support! Last update on 2023-05-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API