Similar to other fitness apps like Google Fit, Samsung’s fitness app gives you the option of syncing data with other apps and devices – including scales. The only deal is that not all of them work with it. So, you’ll have to find Samsung Health compatible scales.
Finding a great smart scale to work with your Samsung device and the Samsung Health app is not as easy as it seems. You could spend hours and hours scrolling through the different options to see what works or not and if it’s good or not. Or you could also scroll through this list in 5 minutes and pick whatever fits you best!
In a hurry?
For those that want our recommendations without getting all the details, here are our top smart scales that integrate with your Samsung Health app.
- Xiaomi Mi Body Composition Scale 2: our best value pick.
- iHealth Lite Smart Scale: our best mid-range smart scale.
- Withings Body+: the top of the line smart scale.
- 5 best Apple health complaint smart scales for every budget
- 10 Best Smartwatches and Fitness Trackers Under $80
- 5 Best Smart Gadgets under $50 for your older vehicle
- The 5 best cycling cadence sensors for your bike
So, with that said, let us get right into it!
One thing to keep in mind
Let us start by saying that many smart scales, just like any other smart gadget, do not work directly with Samsung Health.
If you want to bring all your health tracking together in the Samsung Health app, it often involves connecting to the companion apps first and then importing your data from that app into Samsung Health.
Instead, they first communicate with their main companion app, and then it’s the main app that syncs with Samsung Health.
For example, just like Garmin watches use Garmin Connect as the companion app and Fitbit watches use Fitbit, Xiaomi scales rely on MiFit, iHealth on iHealth My Vitals, Withings works with its companion Health Mate app, etc. You get the idea.
So, the first thing you should do after getting a compatible scale is install its main companion app and then set it up to share data and sync with Samsung Health.
And with that out of the way, we can move on with our top picks.
1: Xiaomi Mi Body Composition Scale 2 – Best Value
As we’ve previously seen with smart devices such as the Mi Band, it’s no secret that Xiaomi generally offers insane value.
And things are more or less the same when it comes to scales, as the Xiaomi Mi Body Composition Scale 2 is one of the best Samsung Health compatible scales for the money.
The only downside is that Xiaomi’s body composition scales are not directly compatible with Samsung Health. They are, however, directly compatible with Google Fit. If you’re looking for a scale that connects directly with Samsung Health, see if you can purchase the older Xiaomi Mi Smart 2 scale.
For Xiaomi’s Body composition scales, you need to connect the Mi Fit scale with Google Fit and then Google Fit with Samsung Health.
You have to download the app of Xiaomi from the app store and then give the authorization to Samsung health or google fit to collect data from the Xiaomi app.
It’s a bit of an odd trick – but it may be very well worth it.
After all, Mi Fit is one of the highest ever rated Fitness apps, and the Body Composition Scale 2 offers an excellent value for what it offers.
To be more specific, we are talking about:
- Muscle mass
- Protein percentage
- Body fat percentage
- Weight of bones
- Visceral fat
- Water percentage
And all of this for a bargain price, which is one hell of a deal from our point of view.
According to Xiaomi, its sensor is so accurate that it can detect a change in weight of as little as 50g. And speaking of weight, anything from 0.1KG to 150KG is within the acceptable range.
- Highly accurate BIA chip for easy control of body fat percentage
- Balance test, closed eyes and one foot are available
Another big plus is the software.
Mi Fit is one of the most stable fitness apps we’ve used on iOS and Android devices. Not to mention that it’s also a great “fit’ if you are planning on getting a Mi Band or another Xiaomi device that relies on Mi Fit.
There is, of course, the downside of also having to use Google Fit. But that’s a sacrifice that we are willing to make.
- Superb value
- All-around decent app
- It offers a lot of weight-tracking features (Fat percentage, muscle, protein, etc.)
- Very accurate
- You also need Google Fit to use the scale with Samsung Health
Lately, this scale is often sold out! But don’t despair. There’s another excellent option from Xiaomi the Smart Sale 2 that’s still available (at least at the time of this writing.) And this one works directly with Samsung Health app, no need to use Google Fit!
- High-precision sensors accurately sense how the body changes every day: Uses a high-precision...
- Mi Fit APP renders your movement curve: Open the Mi Fit APP and you can view curve plots of your...
2: iHealth Nexus Smart Scale – Best Mid-Range Samsung Health Compatible Scale
Don’t be fooled by the name. iHealth’s offering works with both iOS and Android devices – including the Samsung Health app.
The Nexus tracks your whole body composition, offering 9 different metrics, including weight (kg, lb, st), body fat, body water, plus muscle & lean & bone mass using iHealth’s MyVitals app.
Plus, you can add up to 8 users and track your whole family.
It’s a great budget offering that works directly with Samsung Health and is one of the best Samsung Health compatible scales you can get!
To be more specific, iHealth’s offering comes with:
- Fast weigh-in and data transfer using the MyVitals app
- Weight tracking up to 180KG/400 lbs
- BMI measurements
- Direct support with Apple Health and Samsung Health
- Support for the whole family, up to 8 people
- Auto-recognizes the person on the scale based on weight and weight history
Compared to Xiaomi’s offering, which is both cheaper and better in terms of features, iHealth’s scale is probably worse in terms of value.
However, it works directly with Samsung Health, which means that those who need basic measurements will probably be better off with this.
After all, Xiaomi’s scale may offer better value – but it also needs Google Fit to work with Samsung Health, which some will definitely hate.
That said, one more advantage that this scale offers compared to Xiaomi’s offering is support for 30 more KG.
The scale works with the iHealth Vitals app, and that app syncs with Samsung health (and Apple Health.)
- Full Body Composition - 9 Precise data points to know yourself better. Monitors weight (kg, lb, st),...
- Accurate You Can Trust - Two pairs of super-sensitive g-shaped sensors and own developed algorithm...
- Support for up to 400 LBS of body weight
- Direct support for Samsung Health and Apple Health as well
- No rechargeable batteries. Must use 4 AAA.
3: Withings Body+ – Best High-End Samsung Health Compatible Scale
If you are after the most feature-rich option and you’re willing to pay the premium for it, the Withings Body+ is quite possibly your best pick.
Withings Body+ connects to its companion app, Health Mate, and shares information directly with Samsung Health as well as over 100 other health and fitness apps, including Apple Health, Fitbit, Google Fit, MyFitnessPal, WW, Noom, Strava, Lose it, and more!
Since it’s flirting with a $100+ price tag, there is no doubt that it’s the most pricey pick on this list. But is it worth it?
As far as features are concerned, you get pretty much everything that smart scales can offer. Things like:
- Wi-Fi connectivity in addition to Bluetooth
- Multi-user compatibility
- Nutrition tracking
- Compatible with Alexa (Amazon’s voice assistant)
- Fat percentage calculator
- Muscle percentage
- Bone percentage
- Water percentage
- Gravity compensation
- Pregnancy tracker
- Baby mode
- Automatic data sync with or without a phone
- Weather and activity tracking
- And full body tracking
So, that’s no doubt a big list of features. Whether that makes this scale worth the money is up to you to consider.
That said, if there’s one thing that’s not up to debation is the fact that it is one of the most feature-rich smart scales out there at the moment.
You even get a daily weather forecast report from your neighborhood when you step on your Body+ scale!
- #1 SELLING SMART SCALE IN THE US
- FULL BODY COMPOSITION - Monitors weight (kg, lb, st), body fat & Water %, plus muscle & bone mass....
- Very feature-rich.
- Wi-Fi Scale
- Supports the whole family, up to 8 users with automatic user recognition based on weight and weight history
- You do not need your phone with you at the weigh-in because it automatically syncs with the Health Mate app using Wi-Fi
- Compatible with tons of apps out there
- Connects to over 100 health and fitness apps via the Withings Health Mate app including Samsung Health
- 2-year product warranty included with purchase
- A bit pricey
Want more features?
Take a look at Withings top of the line Withings Body Cardio smart scale.
This ultra-premium smart scale includes all the features of the Body+. It shows your standing heart rate and vascular age (overall heart health measured using Pulse Wave Velocity and heart rate) for what Withings calls a cardiovascular check-up.
Jump on the scale and in just 30 seconds, this scale analyzes your weight, body composition, and heart rate giving you a more accurate picture of your overall cardiovascular health. There are even clinical studies to back it all up!
Plus, the Body Cardio also has a rechargeable battery that lasts up to 12 months!
- #1 bestselling smart scale range in the US
- TRACK PROGRESS - Weight (kg, lb, st), weight trends, body fat & water %, muscle & bone mass and...
What’s the best Samsung Health compatible scale?
No one scale beats everything else. If we are talking strictly about useful features and stability, Withing Body+ or Body Cardio are probably your best bets.
Then again, some people don’t need so many features.
So, if you need something more basic, the Xiaomi Mi Composition Scale 2 is probably the way to go, saving you more money down the road.
And if you only need something fundamental that gets the job done as easily as possible, the iHealth Nexus Smart Scale should be one of your go-to options.
Another popular and bargain-priced option is the Etekcity smart scale that syncs with Samsung Health, Google Fit, Apple Health, Fitbit, and also works with third-party apps like MyFitnessPal.
- First-Rate Quality: Don't settle for less! As the #1 selling brand of body weight scales in the US,...
- Voice Command: "Alexa, ask VeSync how much weight I have lost this month." Connect the VeSync app to...
Our readers also love this full-featured scale that works with Samsung Health and a heck of a lot more, including Apple Health, My Fitness Pal, Google Fit, and even Cronometer.
- FULL BODY COMPOSITION: QardioBase2 measure your weight (lb, kg), calculates BMI and tracks changes...
- EASY SETUP: Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connected from a free Qardio app. Works on any surface, anywhere....
Finally, here’s another more affordable but feature-rich smart scale that works with Samsung Health, along with Apple Health or Google Fit. What makes this scale a bit unique is that it has an Apple Watch app that’s a great option for Apple Watch users.
- Work with Wi-Fi & Bluetooth: Renpho premium body composition scale provides instant and precise...
- More metrics showing on Renpho scale: Not only bodyweight, you can also check BMI & Body fat% data...
So, again, it all comes down to personal needs and preferences at the end of the day. Choose whatever works best for you.
How do I connect my smart scale to Samsung Health?
To get your scale “talking” to Samsung Health, you need to download and install the scales companion app and then allow the apps to share information by giving permission.
For example, if you purchase a Withings scale, first download the HealthMate app and create an account.
Then, link your Samsung Health app to Withings in the settings of the Withings HealthMate app. And allow the app to sync with Samsung Health and choose whether you want to allow the app to read and/or write data back and forth between the apps.
These are our top 3 picks for now, along with some popular reader favorites.
While some more expensive options offer even more features, such as heart tracking, we highlighted scales that make more sense from a value standpoint.
That said, if you think there are more smart scales that are worth mentioning, feel free to let us and everyone else know about it in the comments down below!
If you liked this article, please feel free to follow us on social media for more content like this, along with health tips, tech news, how-to guides, reviews, and more!
We sometimes use affiliate links in our content from Amazon and others. It doesn’t cost you anything but helps us pay our expenses. Thank you for the support!
Last update on 2022-05-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API