Is your Fitbit Inspire 2 not tracking your heart rate, despite turning the setting for heart rate on in the device’s settings?
Unfortunately, when your Inspire doesn’t track your heart rate, you don’t get quality health information for various things, from exercise to sleep.
And that’s why it’s essential to get your Fitbit’s heart rate sensor to pick up and show your pulse!
The good news, it’s usually a straightforward fix!
- Fitbit Inspire 2 vs. Huawei Watch Fit vs. Samsung Fit 2: get moving with your favorite tracker
- Take a look at Fitbit Inspire 2 VS Garmin vivosmart 4. Here’s what you should know
- Is your Fitbit not accurately counting steps? Let’s fix it!
- Fitbit didn’t update the time? Fix it!
Get your Fitbit Inspire 2 to track your heart rate.
If you turned on the heart rate option in your Fitbit Inspire 2’s settings app but still aren’t getting any heart rate information, you likely set your Inspire’s quick settings to the clip standard.
When your Inspire 2 is set to On Clip, it automatically turns off features including heart-rate tracking, automatic exercise tracking, Active Zone Minutes, and Water Lock.
So to fix it, all you need to do is change your Fitbit Inspire 2 to the on-wrist standard. And that’s really easy. Here’s how:
- On your Fitbit Inspire, open the Quick Settings menu by pressing both the side buttons for 2 seconds.
- Scroll down the screen, and just below DND (do not disturb), look for the setting On Clip.
- Tap this to change to On Wrist.
Now, check if your Inspire shows your heart rate.
If not, reboot your Inspire by going to the Settings app and tap Reboot Device.
When you reboot your Inspire, it restarts but does not delete any of your data.
Still not seeing any heart rate data on your Inspire 2?
If your Inspire shows dashed lines instead of your heart-rate, that means your tracker’s sensor cannot detect a signal.
- Check again that you turned on heart-rate tracking in the Settings app.
- Reposition your Inspire higher or lower on your wrist–make sure it is above your wrist bone.
- Try tightening or loosening the band, so the Fitbit pebble makes contact with your skin.
- Wearing your Fitbit on the inside of your arm also helps, so if none of the previous steps worked, try that!
For additional tips for your Fitbit Inspire 2 and other Fitbit models, including smartwatches, check out this detailed article: Fitbit heart rate not working or inaccurate? Let’s fix it
As an Amazon Associate MyHealthyApple may earn commissions from qualifying purchases using our links