Love working out with your Fitbit but constantly getting vibrations, buzzes, and notifications about your heart rate zone and active zone minutes? If your walks, runs, and other exercise app activities are annoyingly interrupted, learn how to turn them off!
- 1 Types of active zone minutes and heart zone notifications on Fitbit
- 2 Turn off Fitbit’s active minutes and heart zone notifications
- 3 Are you looking to turn off reminders to move and hourly notifications on your Fitbit?
- 4 Summary
- Forget 10,000 steps a day! How to use Fitbit active zone minutes and why they matter
- Why the Fitbit app shows “Get in Your Zone” message
- How to check your heart rate variability (HRV) on Fitbit
- How to set high and low heart rate notifications on your Fitbit
Types of active zone minutes and heart zone notifications on Fitbit
Only newer Fitbits support active zone minutes and identify your heart rate zone while exercising. Active Zone Minutes show you the time your heart spent in the fat burn, cardio, or peak heart-rate zones when exercising or engaging in rigorous activity.
When you hit a new zone, your Fitbit alerts you via vibrations and/or notifications. The number of times your device vibrates (buzzes) indicates which zone you’re in.
Usually, one vibration indicates the fat zone, two indicates cardio, and 3 is for your peak zone. However, it’s slightly different on the Sense Series and Versa 3+, with 1 telling you are below the fat zone, 2 for the fat zone, 3 for cardio, and 4 buzzes for the peak zone.
Fitbits that track Active Zone Minutes include Charge 4/5, Inspire 2, Luxe, Ionic, Sense Series, and Versa Series. All other Fitbits track active minutes.
One easy way to identify Fitbit active zone minutes vs. active minutes is the icon in the Fitbit app’s Today tab. The active zone minutes icon is a chevron, while active minutes is a lightning bolt.
An important distinction is that your heart zone notifications differ from your low and high heart rate notifications.
- Heart zone alerts and active minute notifications are delivered when you are active and engaged in exercise or activity.
- Low and high heart rate notifications are delivered when you appear inactive (at rest) for at least 10 minutes.
Turning heart zone notifications off does not impact you getting low and high heart rate alerts!
Turn off Fitbit’s active minutes and heart zone notifications
If you own a supported model, your Fitbit may show you one or all of these types of notifications:
- Heart-zone notifications and vibrations while exercising using the Exercise app.
- Weekly Active Zone Minutes Notifications.
- Heart-zone notifications during everyday activity.
How to turn off your Fitbit’s Heart Zone notifications in the Exercise app
- On your Fitbit, open the Exercise app.
- Choose an exercise.
- Swipe up to see more options within that exercise.
- For the Charge 4/5 and Luxe:
- Tap Heart Zone Notifications to turn the setting off.
- Sense Series and Versa 3+:
- Toggle Heart Rate Zone Notification off.
- For Versa, Versa 2, Versa Lite, and Ionic
- Tap the Settings gear icon and choose to set Zone Notifications off.
- Repeat for any other exercises where you don’t want these notifications when entering target heart rate zones (fat, cardio, peak) while working out.
How to turn off your Fitbit’s Weekly Active Zone Minutes notifications and everyday activity notifications
- On your Fitbit, open its Settings app (gear icon on some devices.)
- For Fitbit Sense Series and Versa 3+, choose Goal reminders.
- Tap Heart Zone notifications, Zone Notifications, Active Zone Minutes goal, or Active Zone Minutes Notification.
- Turn or toggle the setting off.
Don’t see these options?
If you don’t see a way to turn off these alerts, you may run an older FitbitOS version.
Open your Fitbit’s Settings and swipe down to the bottom, and look for an option to toggle Active Zone alerts on and off.
Are you looking to turn off reminders to move and hourly notifications on your Fitbit?
- Open the Fitbit app.
- In the Today tab, tap the time to get moving tile (hourly activity tile.)
- Tap the Settings gear icon.
- Turn Reminders to Move off.
You can turn other reminders on or off in your device’s Health & Wellness Reminders settings. These include reminders for things like washing your hands, staying hydrated, moments of mindfulness, and others for premium subscribers.
- In the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture or icon > choose your Fitbit device’s image > Health & Wellness Reminders.
- Turn the reminder off (or on.)
If those notifications and buzzes about your heart zones and active minutes are annoying and disrupting you, it’s relatively easy to turn them off.
Once off, you should no longer see those heart-zone and active minute notifications on your Fitbit.