Don’t want to be charged for your next month of WW (weight watchers) but unsure how you cancel Weight Watchers on your Apple or Android devices? No worries, we are here to help.
If you did not know, Weight Watchers is a popular dieting app and subscription service that has been around for a long time. However, Weight Watchers rebranded and now goes by WW.
Maybe, you tried out the WW free trial and realized it was not for you, or the monthly cost is too much of an expense. No matter what your reasoning is, you want to cancel your WW subscription.
If you signed up for WW and now want to cancel it but can’t figure out how to do so. Keep reading to see how to.
- How to cancel Noom on your iPhone or Android device
- The Best Diabetes management apps for your iPhone and Apple Watch in 2021
- Smart gear to help you measure your belly and body fat
Where to cancel WW
The most important thing to know is how you originally purchased your WW membership.
- If you have purchased your membership using Apple’s App Store, cancel it inside the App Store app.
- If you purchased it using Google’s Play store for Android devices, cancel inside the Play Store app.
- If you signed up to WW using the website, cancel your account by logging into your WW account using a web browser like Chrome or Safari.
Also, if you signed up for a special promotion during a sale (such as half price for 3 months) and try to cancel before that promotion’s end date, you likely won’t you won’t receive a pro-rated refund or you may pay an early cancellation fee.
If you signed up with a special promotion, check your email for the terms.
On an iOS Device
If you signed up on your iPhone, iPad, or another iOS device, you have to cancel Weight Watchers through the settings app on your device.
The official name of the Weight Watchers app on the App Store is WW Weight Watchers Reimagined.
- So to cancel, go to the Settings app on your device.
- Then you’re going to want to open your Apple ID information.
- Tap on your name, and that brings up all your account information.
- Select Subscriptions and all your active subscriptions should appear.
- Tap WW Weight Watchers Reimagined, and you can cancel from there by selecting Cancel Subscription/Free Trial.
If you don’t see WW on your Apple ID subscription list, then you’re going to have to cancel on the Weight Watchers website or give their customer service team a call.
On an Android Device
To cancel Weight Watchers from your Android phone, tablet, or another Android device, you must cancel your subscription through the Google Play Store.
- Open the Play Store and click on your account icon or the menu button (hamburger icon has three horizontal lines.)
- Tap Payments & subscriptions > Subscriptions or Subscriptions > Manage Subscriptions.
- Choose WW Weight Watchers Reimagined and tap Cancel Subscription. You can also tap Keep subscription if you change your mind.
- The Google Play Store then asks you why you are canceling your subscription.
- Select the reason that best matches your situation or select decline to answer. Then you’ll want to click Confirm Cancel Subscription.
On the Weight Watchers Website
If you want to cancel your Weight Watchers subscription directly from their website, you can do that.
- Just open up the Weight Watchers website and log in.
- Once you log in, scroll down to the bottom of the webpage and select Help.
- Once you are on the Help page, type the word cancel into the search bar.
- Several articles pop up. Find the How to Cancel article down the list–usually the second one, then click that.
- After the article loads, Weight Watchers shows a link for you to click on to start the cancelation process.
- That link takes you straight to their cancellation page, where you’ll have to click on another link to try to cancel.
To avoid jumping through all those hoops, you can click right here to cancel your subscription directly!
Once you open that link, you have to log in to your WW account. After you log in, follow the steps to cancel your subscription.
By calling or chatting with Weight Watchers
If you cannot cancel your WW subscription online, you can call or chat with their customer service team to cancel their service.
For chat: open the WW app, tap on your profile picture. Choose the Settings icon (looks like a gear), tap Contact Customer Service. Then, start a chat with them and let them know you want to cancel your membership. Make sure you get a copy of that chat transcript before exiting (or if needed, take screenshots.)
For calling: their phone number is 1 (800) 651-6000. Like when you call any customer service line, you get a variety of prompts to follow.
Be prepared. It may take a minute or two before you speak to a live agent. Once you connect to an agent, be polite and tell them you wish to cancel your membership.
Make sure you have your account and billing information readily accessible to share with the customer service agent. Before you hang up, make sure that you receive your cancellation number just in case!
Things to keep in mind
Whenever you cancel your WW subscription, the cancellation takes effect at the end of the membership month.
If you are canceling Weight Watchers during the free trial period, make sure you cancel it at least 24 hours before your free trial’s end date.
If you wait until the last minute, there’s a chance you might get charged for the month.
If you were on a multi-month commitment plan and canceled before it ended, WW will apply an early termination fee to your account.
Or, if you have a pre-paid savings plan you decided to cancel, the cancelation takes effect at the end of the initial plan period based on the plan you purchased.
Also, if you delete the app, that does not get rid of the subscription. So make sure to confirm you successfully canceled your subscription!
And once you cancel your subscription, be sure to delete the app!
Thinking of re-joining later?
If you’re canceling now, you can still rejoin later and maintain access to all your old WW data like your weight history and other saved info–just make sure you use the same login information (same username) when you want to rejoin.
Many WW members recommend re-joining online rather than through the App Store or Google Play Store–mainly because getting customer service is more difficult with app purchases and it’s hard to change your subscription level.
When trying to cancel any subscription, you shouldn’t have to jump through hoops to do it. That’s one downside of having subscription services.
But luckily, that’s why we’re here to help make the process a little bit easier for you.
Did you have any issues canceling Weight Watchers? Let us know!