Is your Fitbit showing the current temperature or your weather forecast in Celsius instead of Fahrenheit or vice-versa?
If so, you can easily change your temperature unit to your preference using the Fitbit app. To learn how, read on!
- Is your Fitbit’s Weather app not syncing or working? Steps to fix it
- Is your Fitbit battery draining too quickly? Tips that work!
- Fitbit Versa or Sense Controls not connecting to phone? Steps to fix it
- How to change the stats showing on your Fitbit’s clock face
How to change your Fitbit’s temperature unit using the Fitbit app
If you sync your Fitbit with the Fitbit app on your phone or another mobile device, adjusting the temperature unit for your Fitbit is pretty easy!
Your Fitbit must support the Weather app–and surprisingly, not all models do. In particular, many Fitbit trackers like the popular Inspire Series or Luxe do not offer the Weather app, while watch models like the Versa Series and Sense do.
So first, check that your Fitbit model offers the weather app.
- Open the Fitbit app and tap your account picture or icon at the top.
- Scroll down to Settings and tap App Settings.
- Select Units.
- Scroll down to Temperature and tap your preference (Fahrenheit or Celsius) to checkmark it.
- Return to the main account menu and tap your Fitbit device in the top list.
- Choose the Gallery tile at the top.
- Scroll down to the My Apps section and tap the Weather app.
- Choose Settings.
- Look under Temperature Unit and if it’s incorrect, tap it to change it.
- Checkmark your preferred temperature unit and press Done.
- Return to your Fitbit device’s menu and scroll down and tap Sync Now to update these changes to your Fitbit watch.
Want to see the weather on your Fitbit’s clock face?
One thing I love about the Apple Watch is that you get the current weather and temperature on most watch faces. It seems that with Fitbit, most of the Fitbit designed clockfaces don’t include this feature.
So to see the weather and current temperature with just a glance at your Fitbit, you’ll need to install a third-party clock-face that supports it.
Unfortunately, not all Fitbits offer third-party clockfaces! You’ll find them for the watches but not the trackers.
To find a clock face that shows the current temperature and weather, do the following:
- Open the Fitbit app, choose your account at the top, and select your Fitbit device from the list.
- Select Gallery.
- Choose the Clocks tab at the top.
- Tap the magnifying glass and search for Weather, Temperature, Free Weather, or something similar.
- In the search results, scroll down to the Clocks section and tap View All to see your options.
- Review the available options and select the one you like. Remember that some clocks require payment while others are free.
- Tap Install.
- Allow the clockface access to your permissions or select which permissions you wish to allow.
- Once installed on your Fitbit, tap Settings to make changes.
- To change clock face variables, including the temperature unit, look for a weather setting like use Fahrenheit or Use Celsius (or something similar.)
The settings are different for each clock face so that you may see more or fewer options for your chosen clockface.
I love my Versa 3’s clock face that now shows the current temperature and conditions, along with my battery’s current status!
Hopefully, you can now see the current temperature in your preferred weather unit of measurement.
If your Fitbit isn’t updating to the latest weather information, check out this article for steps to fix that: Is your Fitbit’s Weather app not syncing or working? Steps to fix it.