The new Apple Watch Ultra comes with a handy action button that can be customized based on your preferences. You can launch your favorite workout by pressing the action button on the watch’s side.
- Apple Watch Ultra – Top 10 cellular-related questions answered
- How to use the new Night Mode on your Apple Watch Ultra
- How to use Siren on your Apple Watch Ultra
- Compass app not working on Apple Watch? Check these tips
Beyond launching your favorite workout on your Apple Watch Ultra, you can set the action button on the watch to pick from the following actions:
You also have the choice to select ‘None’ and assign no action to the Action Button.
This short article looks at how you can customize the Action button on your Apple Watch Ultra to launch a specific workout.
How to Assign your Favorite Workout to the Action Button on Apple Watch Ultra
- Start by opening up the Settings app on your Apple Watch Ultra.
- Scroll down and tap on Action Button.
- Select “Workout” for Action.
- Tap on the App field and make sure it’s pointing to the ‘Workout’ app.
- Next, tap on ‘First Press,’ and it’s here where you can select your preferred workout.
- Select ‘Start a Workout’ instead of Open Workout.
- Scroll down and tap to select your favorite workout.
- Apple shows you the list of workouts based on your workout out history.
The Gestures are automatically selected based on what you assign to the Action button.
For the Workout action, a single press on the Action button launches the workout and presses the Action Button, and the Side button pauses your workout.
Action Button Not Working on Apple Watch Ultra pro
Some users have noticed that the Action button on their Apple Watch Ultra does not launch their favorite workout when pressed.
Instead, when the Action Button is pressed, the Watch launches the Workout app waiting for you to select a specific workout.
If you are experiencing this issue, you can try the following tips:
- When configuring the Action button for Workout, you had two choices: Open the workout app or Start a Workout (during configuration of First Press Action as shown in the steps above.)
- Go back to that screen, toggle a few times between the two choices, and point it again to ‘Start a workout’ instead of “Open Workout.”
- If that does not do the trick, force close the Activity and Workout apps on your watch. To Force close, press the side button on the watch, scroll through the opened apps, and slide left on the screen.
- Tap on the Delete button to force close the app.
- Now single press the action button, and it should launch your selected workout.
We hope that you found this short article helpful. What are some of the features that you really love about your new Apple Watch Ultra? Please let us know using the comments below.