The Apple Watch Ultra is a new flagship model inspired by explorers and athletes worldwide and designed for new and extreme athletes.
One of the salient features of the new Apple Watch Ultra is its ability to sound off a siren when you need it during an emergency to alert those around you up to 600 feet away.
- How to create an emergency Medical ID on your Apple Watch and iPhone
- How to track your sleep stages with Apple Watch
- Compass app not working on Apple Watch? Check these tips
- How to check your skin and body temperature on your Apple Watch
As an avid hiker, I always carry a Nathan SaferRun Ripcord for emergency siren purposes. Now the Apple Watch ultra, with its 86-decibel Siren, takes up the task of emergency sirens in the event I need to use it during an outdoor hike.
You can also use the embedded Siren on the Apple Watch ultra in an urban environment. The new ‘Siren’ button can quickly activate the loud Siren on the watch on the side of the watch.
In an emergency or self-defense situation, you can quickly access the Siren on the Apple Watch Ultra at a moment’s notice.
You can activate the Siren on your Apple Watch Ultra in two easy ways.
- Press and hold the ‘Action’ button for a few seconds.
- Slide right on the ‘Siren’ field at the top of your screen. You can also continue to press and hold the Action button to start the Siren’s countdown until it blares.
- It starts a countdown and then immediately starts playing on the watch and increases in volume over time. The sound is high-pitched and plays in two distinct alternating and repeating patterns that are not generally heard in nature or the environment.
- Tap on the Pause / Stop button to stop the Siren. Without any interaction, the Siren continues playing until your watch runs out of battery.
To pause or shut down the siren, cover the watch face with one of your palms. That immediately shuts off the alarm within three seconds.
Powering on Siren using the Side Button
- Press and hold the side button on your Apple Watch Ultra.
- Slide right on the Siren, the top choice on the screen.
- This immediately turns on the Siren.
The Siren on your Apple Watch Ultra repeats at regular intervals and can be heard up to 600 feet away, according to Apple.
Remember that the Siren pauses in certain situations, like during phone calls and when timers or alarms sound, but not while podcasts or music are playing.
The Siren on the Apple Watch Ultra will continue to play until you turn it off or your watch runs out of battery.
If you want to remove the Siren functionality from the Action button on the watch, you can easily do this using the settings.
- Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch Ultra.
- Scroll down and tap on Action Button.
- Disable Hold to Turn on here
This disables the Siren feature from your Action button. You can still get to the Siren vai the regular side button.
We hope that you are enjoying your new Apple Watch Ultra. What are some of the features that you are really enjoying on the new watch or looking forward to?
Please sound off using the comments below.