WHOOP, the popular fitness band company announced its next-generation WHOOP 4.0 band today at the Whoop unlocked event.
The Whoop platform allows users to optimize their recovery, training, and sleep monitoring with daily reporting and advanced analysis.
- WHOOP eyes expanding into SaMD (Software as a medical device) space
- WHOOP Fitness tracker to assist in the study of burnout rates in ENT physicians
- Fitbit vs Whoop for your workout recovery. Which is better?
Whoop’s sleep coach feature provides sleep recommendations and insights including a detailed breakdown of sleep cycles.
Most users love the ‘Strain’ coach feature on the platform that provides exertion level recommendations based on how recovered your body is.
Although there are other bands that have tried to copy the functionality via offerings such as ‘Body Battery’ or Fitbit’s new ‘daily readiness experience’, the Whoop still happens to be the gold standard when it comes to monitoring strain and recovery.
Whoop, recently infused with new capital ($200 million from Silicon Bank at $3.6 billion valuation), has been on a hiring spree and also acquired PUSH, a velocity-based training coaching solution.
At today’s Whoop unlocked event, CEO and Founder, Will Ahmed introduced the new WHOOP 4.0 fitness band to the community.
The new Whoop 4.0 sensor module is 33 percent smaller than the third-generation Whoop. The new Whoop 4.0 module can now be attached to your clothing. The new algorithm for the Whoop 4.0 sensor automatically detects where the Whoop is being placed and processes biometric data accordingly.
WHOOP 4.0 Key Features
Even prior to the event, the features of the new band have been leaked.
Here are some of the key features of the new WHOOP 4.0
- Users can set up a haptic alarm on the strap that will wake them at optimal recovery based on their needs
- The new sensor suite on the Whoop 4.0 allows monitoring blood oxygen levels, skin temperature, and more. The Skin temp feature is huge as many users used Oura and Whoop together since the 3.0 didn’t have the skin temp feature
- New SuperKnit bands make it easy to swap between bands and the new WHOOP body apparel and finally, the biggest announcement!!!
- Wirelessly charge WHOOP with a waterproof battery pack and capture data continuously.
- Battery life is expected to be 5 days and is similar to 3.0
According to earlier Twitter posts made by the company on Aug 31st, WHOOP subscribers with 6 months or more left on their contract will get the new 4.0 strap for free.
Other customers will need to extend their subscription or switch from monthly payments to an annual plan in order to get the new Whoop 4.0.
For new customers looking to get into shape, WHOOP Shared some very interesting stats today that can be truly motivating.
According to stats shared by Will Ahmed today, more than 40% of WHOOP users were able to reduce their alcohol consumption.
34% of users reduced the amount of caffeine they drink.
44% of users were able to reduce tobacco consumption and finally, 31% of users were able to avoid late-night meals. WHOOP truly modifies behavior through the insights they provide on the platform.
This suggests that you don’t need to be an athlete to wear a WHOOP strap. Even ordinary folks can improve their health and wellness using the WHOOP strap and the platform.