The Trends feature is super helpful when analyzing your past activity performance. Whether it’s your overall cardio fitness or running pace, you can check out the details in the trends area using the Fitness app on your iPhone.
Several users have noticed that their previous Trends or history information is missing after updating to the latest watchOS.
- Google Fit Not Tracking Activities? Here’s How to Fix it
- Apple Watch not capturing or tracking workout routes in Maps? Let’s fix it
- Strava Segments not working? Let’s fix that!
- Where is Clear all Notifications feature on watchOS 7
- Check downloaded music and AudioBooks on your Apple Watch with these easy steps
- How to turn off Apple Watch handwashing reminders and features
How to fix when your Apple Watch Trends are missing after updating watchOS
If you are having this issue, here are some steps that you can follow in order to retrieve your old Trends information back to your device.
Before proceeding with the steps, it’s important to understand some of the essential facets behind the Trends feature.
Trends compares your last 90 days of activity to the last 365 days.
In order to see the Trends analysis, you should for one have enough historical information available.
If you are just starting out, you may not find any information within the Trends feature.
Where can you locate your Activity / Fitness Trends?
In order to locate your Trends, open up the new Fitness app on your iPhone.
- From the Fitness App, tap on Summary tab at the bottom
- Swipe up here to see trends
- Tap on ‘Show more’ for insights
- To check history of trends, tap on it.
Bottom line, if the arrow related to a metric is pointing up, you are improving your fitness levels and if its pointing down, you may want to check out the insights section to adjust your fitness and lifestyle regimen.
Apple Watch Trends Missing after watchOS update? How to Fix
Make sure you have updated your Apple iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest available updates since Apple releases updates to fix bugs frequently.
If your historical trends are still missing from the Fitness app following the latest iOS update, try these steps:
- Open App Store on your iPhone
- Tap on your Account id on the top right corner of the screen
- Scroll all the way to the bottom and tap on on ‘Sign Out’
- Once you have signed out, restart your iPhone
- Open App Store and sign back in
- Update all apps from your Account Screen
- Open Fitness App and check your trend history
Sign out of your Apple ID
If signing out of the App Store and signing back in does not work here, you can also try signing out of your Apple ID from your device.
- In order to do this, tap on Settings and tap on your Apple ID at the top of your screen
- Scroll down to the bottom and choose ‘Sign Out’
- Enter your password when requested and follow through
- Perform a forced restart of your device and then sign back in from the Settings app
- Next, check on your Fitness app if your trend history is back
Based on our experience we have found that historical information that is stored in iCloud and Apple servers often tend to refresh when a sign-out/ sign in operation is performed.
The process perhaps refreshes the background functions and your data starts refreshing again.
We hope that this helps you. Please let us know if you have any questions or comments.