If you signed up for Fitbit’s paid subscription, called Fitbit Premium, and decided that you aren’t using it enough, canceling it can be a bit confusing! The rule of thumb is to cancel your subscription from the same place you first signed up.
So if you signed up using the app on your iPhone, iPad, or Android mobile device, use the app to cancel it. And if you signed up using your computer or using the web, cancel it via that method.
One important note: Fitbit does not issue ANY refunds for its premium subscription. So if you forget to cancel before it auto-renews, you will not get your money back.
Once you understand Fitbit’s rules for canceling Fitbit Premium, it’s a pretty straightforward process. So let’s take a look!
We highly recommend that you cancel ANY Fitbit subscription at least 24 hours before it renews and charges your payment method!
- 1 In a hurry?
- 2 How to cancel your Fitbit Premium subscription, including the free trial
- 2.1 Use the Fitbit app to cancel on iPhone, Android, and iPad
- 2.2 Use Fitbit’s website to cancel subscriptions purchased via Fitbit.com
- 2.3 Cancel Fitbit Premium using the App Store or Apple ID settings for iPhone and iPad
- 2.4 Cancel Fitbit Premium using Google Play Store for Android devices
- 2.5 Not seeing the cancel subscription button or option?
- 3 Still can’t cancel your Fitbit Premium subscription? Review your email
- 4 Want to change from a monthly plan to an annual plan for Fitbit premium?
In a hurry?
If time is short and you don’t need a thorough step-by-step, follow these quick instructions to cancel your Fitbit paid subscriptions!
- Cancel the subscription directly in the Fitbit app.
- Open the Fitbit app, and tap the Today tab > your profile picture. Tap Account Settings > Manage Subscriptions > your Fitbit Premium subscription > Cancel Subscription.
- Check your list of subscriptions in the Google Play app or the App Store app. Find your subscription and choose th option to cancel.
- Scan your email for the original welcome email from Fitbit (or Apple/Google if you signed up via their app store) and tap the link in that email to manage or review your subscription.
- If you purchased your subscription using PayPal, you may need to cancel the subscription from your PayPal account.
- Chat with Fitbit Support if you cannot cancel your subscription any other way.
- Fitbit Not Receiving notifications, How-To Fix
- Want or earned a Lifetime badge on Fitbit? Learn all about Fitbit’s Lifetime badges
- Need an alternative to Fitbit groups and challenges? Try these two cross-platform apps
How to cancel your Fitbit Premium subscription, including the free trial
Signed up for Fitbit Premium’s free trial period and want to cancel before being charged? Or decided you don’t really use the premium subscription enough to justify $10/month?
Whatever your reason, you can cancel Fitbit Premium before you get charged for the first time or another month of service!
How you cancel your Fitbit premium subscription depends on how you originally purchased it or signed up for the free trial.
Since Fitbit offers many ways to sign up for these subscriptions, the steps to cancel are different for everybody.
If you can’t remember how you purchased the Fitbit subscription, try one method, and if you don’t see the option to cancel, try another method.
Rest assured, you will be able to cancel your Fitbit subscriptions!
Use the Fitbit app to cancel on iPhone, Android, and iPad
- Tap open the Fitbit app.
- Choose the Today tab.
- Tap your profile picture.
- Scroll down to Account Settings.
- Tap Manage Subscriptions.
- If you don’t see your subscription listed, go back to step 4 and tap Restore Purchases.
- Choose your Fitbit Premium subscription.
- Choose Cancel Subscription.
- Monthly subscriptions remain active until the next payment due date.
- Yearly subscriptions remain active until the year subscription runs out, and your subscription will not automatically renew on your anniversary date.
- Trial Premium subscriptions remain active until the trial period ends.
Use Fitbit’s website to cancel subscriptions purchased via Fitbit.com
- Go to the Fitbit sign-in page.
- Login in with your Fitbit Premium credentials (email address and password.)
- On the left panel, choose My Subscriptions.
- If you see any Apple, iTunes, Google Play, Microsoft Store, or Amazon logo, tap on that logo to go to the applicable subscription service site.
- Tap Cancel.
- Select Cancel My Subscription.
You don’t see the option to cancel if you already canceled your subscription. Your Fitbit premium subscription expires at the end of your current monthly or yearly subscription term.
Cancel Fitbit Premium using the App Store or Apple ID settings for iPhone and iPad
- Open the App Store or tap your Apple ID at the top of your Settings app
- For the App Store, tap your profile picture
- Choose Subscriptions
- Locate and tap your Fitbit Premium subscription
- Scroll to the bottom and choose Cancel Subscription
If you don’t see the subscription, check that the Apple ID is the same one used to purchase the subscription.
Cancel Fitbit Premium using Google Play Store for Android devices
- Open Google Play or go to Google’s Play website.
- Tap your account icon or the menu button in the upper left corner.
- Choose Payment & subscriptions. Then select Subscriptions.
- Locate your Fitbit subscription
- Select Cancel subscription
If you don’t see the subscription, ensure that you signed in with the same Google account to purchase the subscription.
If you don’t see a button or option to cancel your Fitbit premium subscription, try canceling your subscription via a different method.
For example, if you tried the steps to cancel using the website, try canceling it via Google Play, the Apple App Store, or under your Apple ID settings.
If you tried all the methods and never saw an option to cancel, it’s possible you previously canceled the subscription.
Still can’t cancel your Fitbit Premium subscription? Review your email
If you are still unable to cancel your Fitbit subscription, it’s a good idea to look through your email accounts for an email from Fitbit around the time you originally signed up for Fitbit Premium. This includes folks signing up for FitBit’s free trials!
Check the email account you use for Fitbit and search for an email from Fitbit, [email protected], or a welcome or sign-up email from Fitbit.
Inside that email, look for a link to your Fitbit billing account, an invitation link to create an account on Fitbit’s billing portal website, or a link to manage or review your subscription.
Either check your account or, if needed, create a new account and then see if the option to cancel your Fitbit subscription(s) appears.
Want to change from a monthly plan to an annual plan for Fitbit premium?
If you enjoy your Fitbit subscription benefits but also want to get the cost savings of subscribing to an annual plan instead of a monthly plan, it’s not a simple toggle. It seems that you need first to cancel the monthly plan and then later opt-in for the annual plan.
What we discovered is that you need to cancel the monthly plan and then wait for the plan to expire. Once expired, you can then (and only then) subscribe to the annual plan.