If you signed up for one of Fitbit’s paid subscriptions (Premium or Coach) and decide that you aren’t using it enough, canceling it can be a bit confusing! The rule of thumb is to cancel your subscription from the same place you first signed up.
So if you signed up using the app on your iPhone, iPad, or Android mobile device, use the app to cancel it. And if you signed up using your computer or using the web, cancel it via that method.
One important note: Fitbit does not issue ANY refunds for its premium or coach subscriptions. So if you forget to cancel before it auto-renews, you will not get your money back.
Once you understand Fitbit’s rules for canceling Fitbit Premium or Fitbit Coach, it’s a pretty straightforward process. So let’s take a look!
Check which type of subscription you have–either Premium or Coach, then follow the steps to cancel depending on which subscription you have.
We highly recommend that you cancel ANY Fitbit subscription at least 24 hours before it renews and charges your payment method!
- Fitbit Not Receiving notifications, How-To Fix
- Want or earned a Lifetime badge on Fitbit? Learn all about Fitbit’s Lifetime badges
- Fitbit Versa Not Charging? Here’s What You Should Know
- How to turn off ‘tap to wake’ on the Fitbit Versa
- Fitbit Versa not syncing, here’s what you can do
How to cancel your Fitbit Premium subscription
How you cancel your Fitbit premium subscription depends on how you originally purchased it or signed up for the free trial. Since Fitbit offers so many ways to sign up for these subscriptions, the steps to cancel are different for everybody.
If you can’t remember how you purchased the Fitbit subscription, try one method and if you don’t see the option to cancel, try another method.
Rest assured, you will be able to cancel your Fitbit subscriptions!
Use the FitBit app to cancel on iPhone, Android, and iPad
- Tap open the Fitbit app
- Choose the Today tab
- Tap your profile’s picture
- Scroll down to Subscriptions
- Tap Manage Subscriptions
- If you don’t see your subscription listed, go back to step 4 and tap Restore Purchases
- Tap your Fitbit Premium subscription
- Choose Cancel Subscription
- Monthly subscriptions remain active until the next payment due date
- Yearly subscriptions remain active until the year subscription runs out and your subscription will not automatically renew on your anniversary date
- Trial Premium subscriptions remain active until the trial period ends
Use FitBit’s website to cancel subscriptions purchased via Fitbit.com
- Go to Fitbit Premium’s account sign-in page
- Login in with your Fitbit Premium credentials (email address and password)
- Tap the Settings icon (looks like a gear)
- Choose Settings
- Choose Manage My Subscriptions
- If you see any Apple, iTunes, Google Play, Microsoft Store, or Amazon logo, tap on that logo to go to the applicable subscription service site
- Tap Cancel
- Select Cancel My Subscription
Cancel Fitbit Premium using the App Store or Apple ID settings for iPhone and iPad
- Open the App Store or tap your Apple ID at the top of your Settings app
- For the App Store, tap your profile picture
- Choose Subscriptions
- Locate and tap your Fitbit Premium subscription
- Scroll to the bottom and choose Cancel Subscription
If you don’t see the subscription, check that the Apple ID is the same one used to purchase the subscription.
Cancel Fitbit Premium using Google Play Store for Android devices
- Open Google Play or go to Google’s Play website
- Tap the menu button in the upper left corner
- Choose Subscriptions
- Locate your Fitbit subscription
- Select Cancel subscription
If you don’t see the subscription, ensure that you signed in with the same Google account used to purchase the subscription.
Not seeing the cancel subscription button or option?
If you don’t see a button or option to cancel your Fitbit premium subscription, try canceling your subscription via a different method. For example, if you tried the steps to cancel using the website, try the steps for canceling it via Google Play, the Apple App Store, or under your Apple ID settings.
If you tried all the methods and never saw an option to cancel, it’s possible you previously canceled the subscription.
We suggest you monitor your payment methods to ensure that no additional charges appear.
How to cancel your Fitbit Coach subscription
- Log in to your account at Fitbit’s Coach website
- Tap your profile picture or name at the top of the screen
- Click Settings
- Scroll down to Subscriptions and Payments
- Choose the Fitbit Coach subscription you want to cancel
- If you see payment details, tap Edit or Manage
- If you do not see payment details, you purchased Fitbit Coach via Apple’s App Store, iTunes, Google Play, Microsoft Store, or Amazon. Tap on the logo to get re-directed to cancel appropriately
If your Coach subscription is listed in an orange banner
Your subscription was previously canceled. You continue to get full access to the subscription until the date listed next to your plan ends.
If you still can’t cancel your Fitbit Premium or Fitbit Coach subscription, review your email
If you are still unable to cancel your Fitbit subscriptions, it’s a good idea to look through your email accounts for an email from Fitbit around the time you originally signed up for FitBit Coach or Premium. This includes folks signing up for FitBit’s free trials!
Check the email account you use for Fitbit and search for an email from Fitbit, email@example.com, or a welcome or sign-up email from Fitbit.
Inside that email, look for a link to your Fitbit billing account, an invitation link to create an account on Fitbit’s billing portal website, or a link to manage or review your subscription.
Either check your account or if needed, create a new account and then see if the option to cancel your Fitbit subscription(s) appears.
Want to change from a monthly plan to an annual plan for Fitbit premium or Fitbit Coach?
If you enjoy the benefits of your Fitbit subscription(s) but want to also get the cost savings of subscribing to an annual plan instead of a monthly plan, it’s not a simple toggle. It seems that you need to first cancel the monthly plan and then later opt-in for the annual plan.
What we discovered, is that you need to cancel the monthly plan and then wait for the plan to expire. Once expired, you can then (and only then) subscribe to the annual plan.
As an Amazon Associate MyHealthyApple may earn commissions from qualifying purchases using our links