Have a problem with your Fitbit that you can’t figure out on your own? Do you need to speak to an actual person but can’t find the customer support number, email address, or live chat options? Want to reach out to Fitbit’s customer support team to assist you?
The good news is that Fitbit offers a lot of options to contact its customer support groups. And we are outlining them all here!
So let’s get started.
- Need to restart or reset your Fitbit device? Learn the steps
- Got a new or replacement Fitbit? How to set-up it up so you don’t lose data.
- Cancel Fitbit Premium or Coach using your iPhone, Android, computer, or the web
- How to connect and sync your Fitbit to a Mac using Fitbit Connect
- 1 Important notice for Fitbit Ionic owners
- 2 Try the Fitbit Community
- 3 Do this before you contact Fitbit Support.
- 4 How to contact Fitbit Help, Fitbit’s customer service department
- 5 Use Fitbit’s live chat feature.
- 6 Use Twitter to send an instant message to Fitbit.
- 7 Contact Fitbit using Facebook & Facebook Messenger.
- 8 Want Fitbit’s 800 number? How to call Fitbit’s customer support service
- 9 How to contact Fitbit Help and customer support by email
Important notice for Fitbit Ionic owners
Google is recalling all Fitbit Ionic smartwatches due to the possibility that the lithium-ion battery can overheat, posing a burn hazard.
If you own an Ionic, Fitbit recommends you immediately stop using it even if it’s working normally and apply for a refund via this Ionic refund site. You’ll need to fill out a form and will receive a return kit with instructions on how to return your device for a refund.
This refund applies to all Fitbit Ionic watches, even inactive units.
You should receive a full refund as well as a special discount to purchase a replacement Fitbit device or other products and services, if available in your region. This special discount is available for a limited time and is valid for 90 days after registering for your Ionic refund.
Try the Fitbit Community
If you like doing it yourself, you might want to check out what other Fitbit users have to say using the Fitbit Community website.
The Fitbit Community is a user forum where regular Fitbit device users exchange troubleshooting tips, fixes, complaints, advice, and so forth.
If you don’t like reading through a lot of information to find a possible answer, the community might not be the best fit for you. But, if you enjoy testing things out and have time to try different things, the Fitbit community is an excellent place to start before trying to get in contact with Fitbit’s official support team.
Do this before you contact Fitbit Support.
- Make sure you verify your Fitbit warranty coverage.
- For US customers, this is 1 year, and for EU customers, 2 years from the date of purchase for new products and 90 days for refurbished devices.
- Have the serial number for your device available
- Know your Fitbit account details, including the email associated with the Fitbit app and your device
How to contact Fitbit Help, Fitbit’s customer service department
Using Fitbit’s app
If you own a Fitbit device, you likely use the Fitbit app on a supported mobile device, like your Android smartphone or Apple iPhone. So why not start there to get some assistance!
- Open the Fitbit app on a device you sync with
- At the top, tap your profile picture or icon.
- Scroll down and choose Help
- Tap Contact Customer Support
- Choose @FitbitSupport to open Twitter and send Fitbit’s customer service a tweet about your issue. Fitbit says someone should reply to your tweet within 6 hours or less.
- Another option is to select Fitbit Community, where other users post questions and answers in a user-driven forum. Try searching for your issue and see what other Fitbit wearers have to say!
Use Fitbit’s live chat feature.
Probably our favorite way to reach out to Fitbit Help (or any company) is via Live Chat.
Fill out the form’s details, including your name, the email address you use with your Fitbit account, device type, and issue. Then, press Request Chat, and a confirmation screen lists your place in line for the next available agent.
When you live to chat with Fitbit Help, that conversation is always private (unlike Twitter.) Once Live Chat is available, you communicate with the agent via the chatbox and press Send.
You can save or end the chat at any point by tapping the upper buttons in the chat window.
At the end of every Live Chat session, you also have the option to download the transcript of your entire chat as a reference (unlike a phone call.)
In the US, Fitbit supports Live Chat 24/7. However, for the rest of the world, Fitbit does not offer a 24-hour Live Chat service.
However, if you see the Live Chat option active (not grayed out) and it says start a chat with us now on this support page, then Live Chat is open for your questions!
Live chatting with Fitbit’s customer support is often the fastest way to reach someone at Fitbit.
If you experience problems with Live Chat, your next best option is Twitter.
Use Twitter to send an instant message to Fitbit.
Twitter is one of Fitbit’s preferred ways to get help. Just open Twitter and type in and then send your message and any supporting photos to @FitbitSupport.
Just be mindful that your tweet is public, not private. If you want to send private communication, use Fitbit’s Live Chat, call Fitbit support, or send an email.
When you tweet @FitbitSupport, you usually receive a reply within 6 hours.
Fitbit’s support team can then provide you guidance, links to support articles and how-tos, set up a private message catch, and, if needed, create a unique case for you to get further technical support.
Contact Fitbit using Facebook & Facebook Messenger.
If you frequently use social media to reach customer service, you can also contact Fitbit via its Facebook page and/or send a message with Facebook Messenger.
Fitbit does not currently offer a Facebook page for support issues only, so you reach the general Fitbit page when you contact Fitbit via Facebook.
Ways to reach Fitbit via Facebook include sending a message using the Send Message or Message button or commenting on a particular post.
Like Twitter, when you send communications to Fitbit via Facebook and Messenger, those messages are public, not private.
Response times when using Facebook and Messenger are about 1 day. If you’re looking for faster service, try Twitter or use Fitbit’s Live Chat feature.
Want Fitbit’s 800 number? How to call Fitbit’s customer support service
Want to talk to a real person about your Fitbit issue right now? Calling Fitbit’s customer service is the way to go since many people prefer to talk with someone.
Plus, all of your phone calls to Fitbit Help are private!
Call 877-623-4997 to reach a person at Fitbit support for the US and 0800 069 8505 in the UK
For other countries, change the country listing to your own to get specific information for your region. Find this information at the bottom of the support page.
Unfortunately, not all countries offer Fitbit phone support.
And Fitbit’s phone customer service does not assist 7 days a week and is only open Monday through Friday between 4:00 AM – 9:00 PM Pacific Time (USA).
Currently, phone support is not open over the weekend when many people have the time available to call.
How to contact Fitbit Help and customer support by email
Unfortunately, many of our readers report to us that Fitbit discontinued email support. In lieu of email, Fitbit suggests using their chat option or Twitter for the fastest response.
If your issue is not urgent or you are okay waiting for a few days, reaching out via Facebook is also a good way to reach Fitbit’s Help support team.
For those without access to Twitter or Facebook, use the support chat or call Fitbit Support during its operating hours.
No matter your method, make sure you include your information, Fitbit device model, contact information and email, a description of your issue, and attach any photos documenting the problem (if applicable.)