- 1 Common Garmin Connect Problems and How to Fix them
- 2 Cannot access or open Garmin Connect?
- 2.1 Unable to Log in into Garmin Connect
- 2.2 Garmin Connect App Keeps Crashing?
- 3 Wrap up
What is Garmin Connect?
Garmin Connect allows users to do much more than simple activity tracking. Using the Garmin Connect app, users are now able to not only create new workouts or build courses but are also able to take advantage of the Garmin Fitness community.
Users can share health and fitness activities using Garmin Connect.
Garmin allows users to access Garmin Connect via a web-based online community besides using the mobile connect app.
Which SmartWatches pair with Garmin Connect?
Almost all Garmin fitness, golf, and wellness products have the ability to connect with Garmin Connect.
For users who don’t want to install the Garmin Connect app on their phone, they can use the Garmin Express software on their desktop computers to keep track of their workout activities and more.
- Garmin releases new Solar models of the popular Fenix Pro and Instinct SmartWatches
- How to contact Garmin Customer Support about issues and warranty info
- Garmin offering 50% discount on select SmartWatches
- LiveTrack not working on your Garmin smartwatch? Check these tips
- Garmin’s acquisition of FirstBeat Analytics will help sharpen its product offerings
Common Garmin Connect Problems and How to Fix them
There are five major areas around which some new Garmin users experience issues. These are the following:
- Accessing and setting up Garmin Connect
- Ensuring that your Garmin device syncs with the Garmin connect cloud
- Setting up and using key features such as Garmin Watch Faces, associated Garmin Notifications, Map My Run and others
- Ability to connect and share information with other members in the community
- Extract or download information related to your activities from Garmin Connect
For the most part, both the Garmin connect app as well as the online community platform work very efficiently. Problems experienced are most often related to periodic upgrades and associated rollout of new software.
In this article, we will examine some of the common issues around Garmin Connect and provide helpful tips and tricks that will alleviate some of the annoyances surrounding your Garmin Connect experience.
Cannot access or open Garmin Connect?
Unable to Log in into Garmin Connect
If you are unable to sign-in / log-in into Garmin Connect, it could be related to the company’s tech infrastructure or potentially related to the installed app on your phone or the network connection on your device.
Follow and perform each of the steps on the checklist and check if you are able to successfully login into your Garmin Connect account.
- Is Garmin Connect up and running? Before you decide to troubleshoot the issue on your phone or smartwatch, start with the Garmin connect site. Is it up or down related to maintenance items? Start by clicking on this down detector link and see if there is a user outage.
- Any support announcements? The next place to check and confirm that everything is working as intended is to look at their customer support twitter feed. Sometimes we spend too much time trying to troubleshoot Garmin Connect on our devices only to realize that they have a scheduled maintenance issue that is causing the issue.
- If there are no overarching issues with their infrastructure, your inability to log-in to Garmin connect is most probably related to some issues on the phone or with the app. In order to fix, follow the tips below.
- In order to make sure that you are using the right credentials, open up your internet browser using your computer or tablet, and log in into connect.Garmin.com . If you are able to access using the browser, that indicates that you do not have any authorization issues. If for some reason, you see an invalid userid or password error message, you will need to reach out to Garmin support and have your credentials reset.
- Unable to connect via your browser to Garmin connect? Clear your browser history, cache, and temporary internet files and then try again. We also suggest trying a different browser than the one you typically use and see if you are able to connect to the Garmin Connect site.
- Has there been a recent Garmin Connect App update for your Android or iPhone? Check the installed app and see if you need to apply these new updates.
- Some users have reported that once they log in, the Garmin Connect app simply spins and crashes. Usually, these types of problems are highly co-related to new updates from Garmin. Try and clear the data and cache and see if you are able to continue forward.
- Garmin Connect App problems can often be tackled by completely un-installing the Garmin Connect app from your phone and then reinstalling it. One trick that iOS users swear by is to perform a shutdown and restart of the iPhone following the app un-install. iPhone users should try and offload the Garmin Connect app and then reinstall. This makes sure that your data is saved.
Garmin Connect App Keeps Crashing?
This is another one of those issues that happen rarely but can drive you bonkers getting to work with Garmin Connect App. If you experience this issue, check out points 1 and 4 first from the section ‘Unable to log in into Garmin connect’ from above.
- Reset your Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on your device. Often times Apps that sync data from wearables end up having connection setup issues between the devices. Switch off and switch on your Bluetooth and Wi-fi on your device and your Phone. iPhone users running the latest app and iOS should perform a ‘Reset Network Connections’ from Settings > General > Reset and try.
- Unpair the Garmin device from the Garmin Connect app. Essentially you are removing all the devices from the ‘Devices’ section in the connect app.
- Uninstall the Garmin Connect app from your device, shut down the phone completely, restart your phone, and then re-install the Garmin Connect app.
- Re-pair your Garmin device with the Garmin Connect app and try again.
- If it continues crashing, there is likely a problem with the app update from Garmin. Check the user community forums online and see if other users with the same devices and operating systems are experiencing the issue. We had seen a similar issue that impacted iOS users running iOS 13.X last year. Users were able to log in but the Garmin connect app would keep logging users out.
In Summary, most of the Garmin Connect log in related issues or app crashing/freezing issues are related to software updates on their end.
Rarely we have seen issues on an actual device that can cause this and if and when issues arise, a quick reset or uninstall and re-install app sequence does the trick. Toggling Bluetooth OFF and ON on your device can also be a handy tip.
Please let us know if you were able to successfully resolve your Garmin Connect connection related issues or if you have additional questions.
As an Amazon Associate MyHealthyApple may earn commissions from qualifying purchases using our links