The Reminder to Move notification has become a key offering on many smartwatches today. Although the feature is valuable and can motivate some, it also causes unnecessary annoyance to many.
On the Google Pixel Watch, you see this move reminder about 10 minutes before an hour ends when you haven’t reached 250 steps within that hour. For example, most people see these notifications when watching tv, reading, or working while seated.
The upside of these notifications is a nudge to get a little movement in your day. The downside is that these notifications can interrupt your activity or work or make you feel guilty that you’re not active enough!
This article looks at a quick tip to disable this on the Google Pixel watch.
- How to take a screenshot on your Google Pixel Watch
- Forgot Google Pixel Watch screen lock pin or pattern or it’s not recognized and locked you out? How to fix it
How to stop Reminder to Move message on Google Pixel Watch
The new Google Pixel Watch shows you the hourly notifications and how many steps you have left to complete for that hour.
If you haven’t already connected your Google Pixel Watch to a Fitbit account on your phone, do that first. This may require you to create a Fitbit account if you don’t have one.
You can disable this Reminder to move notifications on the Google Pixel Watch.
- Open the Fitbit app.
- Tap the account icon or picture in the top left corner.
- In the Account list, select your Google Pixel Watch.
- Tap on Reminders to Move.
- Toggle Reminder to Move off.
- You can also change the reminders schedule by selecting Start & End Times and Days and choosing your preferences.
It’s as simple as that!
Still seeing these move reminders on your Pixel Watch?
If you made all these updates to the Fitbit app but still get Move Reminders, try restarting your Pixel Watch or forcing the watch and Fitbit app to sync.
- To restart, press the Digital Crown and choose Restart.
- To force a sync with the Fitbit app, open the Fitbit Today app on your Pixel Watch. Scroll all the way down and tap the Sync button.
The Fitbit app is an integral part of the health and wellness offerings on the Google Pixel watch. The Google Pixel Watch automatically syncs with the Fitbit app on your phone. You can check your complete health and fitness data in the Fitbit app.
The Google Pixel watch includes a free six-month Fitbit Premium subscription. Make sure to take advantage of this offering on your Pixel watch. It is important to note that you must activate your membership within 60 days of device activation.
After you activate and pair your Google Pixel Watch with the Fitbit app on your phone, tap the Premium tab in the Fitbit app for instructions to activate your Fitbit Premium account.
We hope that you located the setting to turn off the Reminder to Move setting with the help of this article. Please let us know if you have any questions or want to share your favorite Google Pixel tip with our readers.