With Strava, one can share activities with map details and photos with friends. It is a feature that everyone loves, BUT this can quickly become an annoying experience for many to see constant trivial activities on their feed.
Strava has updated the app and added a new feature via which you can mute your activities directly from the app.
- Strava for Apple Watch: a complete guide
- How to get Strava to calculate and show calories burned?
- How to Use Strava with Fitbit
- Komoot: best tips and tricks for every bike enthusiast!
- 5 best ANT+ and Bluetooth heart rate chest strap monitors to get in 2021
Muting your activity prevents it from showing up in the Home and Club feeds. It is still available on your profile for others to view. Muted activities still count towards your goals, and it helps to remove clutter from the feeds.
Here is how you can Mute Strava activities
- Open the Strava app and navigate to the Home tab.
- Select the activity by tapping on it.
- Tap on the three dots More button on the top right corner of the screen ( content menu.)
- Choose Edit Activity.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen.
- Choose Mute Activity.
- Tap on Update Activity.
This prevents your activity from showing up in the Home and Club feeds.
You can now mute all small activities from showing up on others’ feeds. This may include your commute, dog walks, and other minor activities that you don’t want to share.
The other way to tackle this is to make all your activities private on Strava and only make the activities public that you want to share with others.
Making your Strava activity Private is easy
- Choose an activity.
- Tap on the context menu and choose Edit Activity.
- Scroll down to the Visibility section.
- The Who can view field is by default set to Everyone.
- Change this by selecting Only You.
Your followers still see your progress. It counts towards a challenge, but they can not see any details surrounding the activity once you mark it private.
There isn’t an option that will allow you to mute other users’ activities from your feed. We hope you found this short article on the new feature useful!!
Please let us know if you have any questions or want to share a favorite tip of yours.
Is there an option to mute all activities and ‘unmute’ selectively, instead of ‘muting’ selectively?
At this time there is not a way (at least that we can figure out) to mute all activities and selectively unmute some. It’s a great idea! Consider sending your feedback to Strava
An update to my question above – it IS possible, with addons such as Automate your Strava
I’ve set up a filter so that any ride shorter than 8km (my commute is 6.5km long), outdoors, not marked as a ‘race’, is automatically muted.
Is this feature only available via the app? I’ve not been able to figure out how to access the ‘mute’ button via the website.