Having your favorite songs and music downloaded onto your Apple Watch is such a huge convenience.
Whether you are going on a jog or maybe you want to relax and listen to some music, having your Apple Music Library easily accessible is clutch.
But maybe you’ve outgrown one song or you want to free up some space on your watch and you need to delete some of the songs you downloaded.
Don’t have any idea on how to remove downloaded music from your Apple Watch? We are here to help! Keep scrolling to learn how to do so.
- Check downloaded music and AudioBooks on your Apple Watch with these easy steps
- Unable to add a debit or credit card to Apple Watch? Let’s fix that
- How to see your step count on Apple Watch
How to delete downloaded music from your Apple Watch using the Watch app
Currently, the only way to remove your watch’s downloaded music is using the Watch app on your paired iPhone. You cannot delete this music directly off your Apple Watch.
- On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch App.
- Make sure you are on the My Watch tab. Find the My Watch tab on the left side of the bottom of your screen.
- Scroll down to the Music tab and tap it. Once the Music tab opens, you should see all of the songs and albums you have downloaded onto your Watch
- Then you’re going to tap on the Edit button. The Edit button is in the upper right corner of your screen. If you don’t see the Edit button, you have not downloaded any music to your watch.
- Once you click on the Edit button, a red Minus sign should appear next to all of your downloaded music. Find this button on the left side of the screen.
- Scroll down to what you want to delete. Tap on the red Minus sign on the left side, and the Delete button appears on the right.
- Next, tap on Delete. Once you do that, whatever song, album, or playlist you selected gets removed.
- You can also swipe left on what you want to delete, and the Delete button also pops up.
- When you are all done editing your music downloads, select Done.
And that’s it! These steps also work with deleting your downloaded podcasts and audiobooks.
Not able to remove your watch’s downloaded music?
If you’re having additional issues with removing your downloaded music from your Apple Watch, try restarting your devices. And be sure to double-check to make sure you update all of your devices to the latest software version including watchOS.