Getting tired of the drink more water messages on your Fitbit Versa? Several Fitbit users have complained that they would like to stop seeing the health and wellness related notifications on their device.
Whether it’s a reminder or message to drink more water or take a breather, it works for many people but for many others, it’s sort of annoying especially when you get a series of these reminders one after another.
- Why the Fitbit app shows “Get in Your Zone” message
- Forget 10,000 steps a day! How to use Fitbit active zone minutes and why they matter
- Complete Guide to Fitbit Sense Stress Management features
- Fitbit display screen black and not working or turning on? Let’s fix it!
- How do I add and remove friends using Fitbit’s app and Fitbit’s website
- Fitbit stuck on looking, searching, or device not found? Here is how to fix it
There is an easy way to customize your Fitbit setting and completely pause all the health and wellness related notifications or selectively enable some of these notifications.
In order to stop these Fitbit wellness-related messages:
Stop Fitbit Health and Wellness Notifications
- Open the Fitbit app on your mobile device
- Tap your profile picture or icon
- Choose your Fitbit device’s image
- Tap on Health & Wellness Reminders
- Disable selectively or all the health and wellness reminders from here
Fitbit provides users with the following notification related features:
- Get your heart pumping for activity
- Moment of Mindfulness
- Nutrition and
In my case, I have enabled only the notification for activity and have disabled the rest to reduce the number of notifications that come through on the Versa.
Turn off the reminders to move on your Fitbit
In the Fitbit app
- Navigate to the Fitbit app’s Today tab
- Choose the hourly activity tile
- Tap the Settings gear icon > turn Reminders to Move off
You can also make this change from your online Fitbit dashboard by choosing the Settings gear icon, selecting your Fitbit device image, and locate Reminders to Move. Then turn them off.
Are your health and wellness notifications missing on the Fitbit app?
Users who may have received their Fitbit as a part of their company/employer health initiative may not have the option to disable the feature.
If you are not seeing the ‘health and wellness reminders’ option on your app, try to update your Fitbit to the latest software and restart your Versa and check if it shows up in the app.
If you are a Fitbit premium user, you will find a wellness report within the Discover tab in the Health and Fitness section which is way more informative.
You can choose to review the report regularly (weekly) basis and take actions such as set up reminders et al to improve upon the areas that you want to focus on.
Do you find these health and wellness notifications or reminders helpful on your Fitbit Versa or are you annoyed by the randomness of it? We want to hear your input.
The rationale behind these notifications is really well-intended but perhaps it could use some other mechanisms for delivery.
We would love to see Fitbit implement a way for users to customize when the app delivers notifications. What do you think?
As an Amazon Associate MyHealthyApple may earn commissions from qualifying purchases using our links