In the last iOS update, you may have noticed a new app on your Apple Watch – the Apple Mindfulness app. Now, this isn’t a new Apple app. Instead, this is the new and improved version of the Breathe app.
And for folks that have an Apple Fitness+ subscription, you can listen to guided Meditations using the Mindfulness app on your Apple Watch!
Some users notice their Mindfulness app is missing or accidentally deleted from their Apple Watch.
Since the Mindfulness app is only available on the Apple Watch, you won’t see it on your iPhone.
So how can you get it back on your Apple Watch? Keep reading to find out.
- Change Breathe app session time on your Apple Watch and improve mindfulness
- Stressed out? Try one of these wearables for stress detection and management
- 29K app review: how to get support without breaking the bank
- Missing important calls like doctor’s office on your iPhone or Apple Watch? Let’s fix it
Adding the Mindfulness app to Apple Watch
If you have noticed that your Apple Watch is missing the Apple Mindfulness app, it’s an easy fix to get it back. And you can do it from either your Apple Watch or your iPhone.
On both devices, all you have to do is go to the App Store. Then, search for Apple Mindfulness.
If you search just for “mindfulness” in the App Store, Apple’s app does not appear at the top of the list. Instead, you’ll get suggestions for other mindfulness apps available on the App Store.
Once you search for Apple Mindfulness, you also notice that the Apple app doesn’t always pop up as the first result either. Once you scroll down and find the app, tap the reinstall button.
After that, it should download directly onto your Apple Watch.
Try some of these tips if you are still having issues getting the Apple Mindfulness app back on your Apple Watch.
Check App Store Connection
Some users realized they did not have access to the App Store on their Apple Watch. That issue led to them not downloading the Mindfulness app on their Apple Watch.
Typically this issue can be caused by a lack of an internet connection. Check your wireless settings and try opening the App Store on your watch.
If it opens and loads, then you’re good! If it does not open or load, follow the on-screen instructions.
Update your Apple Watch
The Mindfulness app was introduced in the latest iOS update. So if you do not see the app on your Apple Watch or see the Breathe app instead, that means your Apple Watch is not up to date.
So go ahead and update your Apple Watch.
- To check on your Apple Watch, tap on the Settings app.
- Then scroll down to General and tap it.
- Then select Software Update. If an update is available, connect your watch to WiFi for the fastest way to update your watch, then choose to update your watch.
You can also update your Apple Watch from your iPhone. Open your Watch app and click on General, then select Software Update. If an update is available, go ahead and proceed.
Add a Breathe Watch Face to your Apple Watch
When they added a Breathe watch face to their Apple Watch, some users mentioned that this activated the mindfulness app.
To add a watch face to your Apple Watch, go to the Apple Watch app on your iPhone. Open the Face Gallery tab. Scroll down to the Breathe sections and select one of those watch faces. Then add it to your watch.
Once you do that, the watch face appears on your Apple Watch. Tap on the Mindfulness complication or the center of the watch face. That opens the mindfulness app.
Restart Apple Watch
Whenever you experience any kind of glitch, sometimes restarting your devices can do the trick.
To restart your Apple Watch hold down the side button and slide the power off button.
When restarting your Apple Watch or iPhone, you should turn your device off for a minute or two and then turn it back on.
After restarting your watch, check to see if you can find or download the mindfulness app. If that didn’t work, try a hard restart.
Press and hold both the side button and the Digital Crown simultaneously and maintain this hold until the Apple Logo appears on your watch’s screen. This process usually takes about 15 seconds but could be as long as 20 seconds (and maybe even more.)
Un-pair and repair Apple Watch
If you’re still having issues, you should try unpairing your Apple Watch from your iPhone and then pair it again.
To unpair your Apple Watch, go to the Watch app and select All Watches. Tap on the “i” information icon next to your watch. Then you need to click on Unpair Apple Watch. After that, you’re going to want to pair it with your iPhone again.
While this trick does work, it is also just a temporary fix. Sometimes the issue can reoccur.
How to use the Mindfulness app on your Apple Watch
Once you get the app on your watch, it’s time to check it out!
Open the Mindfulness app on your Apple Watch, then choose from these options:
- Reflect: Read the theme, focus your attention, and tap Begin.
- Breathe: Inhale and exhale slowly following the on-screen animation.
By default, the session lasts one minute. But you can change that to anywhere between one and five minutes.
To change the duration of your Mindfulness app exercise
- Tap the More button (three dots) inside either Reflect or Breathe.
- Choose Duration and make your changes!
You can also make some adjustments in the Settings app on your watch and tap Mindfulness
- Set your Mindfulness reminders: Turn on the Start of Day and End of Day to get reminders at the beginning and end of your day. To add additional reminders, tap Add Reminder.
- Weekly summary: Turn your Mindfulness app Weekly Summary on or off.
- Mute mindfulness reminders for just one day: Turn on Mute for today.
- Change your breathing rate: Tap Breath Rate and change the number of breaths per minute from 4 up to 10 breaths per minute.
- Change its haptics settings: These are the tap settings you feel with the Mindfulness app. Tap Haptics, then choose None, Minimal, or Prominent.
- Download audio meditations to your watch: Turn on Add New Meditations to Watch to download new meditations when connecting your Apple Watch to power. You watch deletes any Meditations once you listen to them.
You can also open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone: tap My Watch > Mindfulness and adjust your settings.
Apple’s Mindfulness app is not the best mental health app on the App Store. Even the App Store’s search results prove this point. You would think that Apple’s very own app would appear higher in the search results…
But it is much better compared to the Breathe app. It may not have a lot of exciting features, but it is a good start. Hopefully, there is more to come in the future for the Mindfulness app.