There are plenty of reasons to look for the best Fitbit Versa chargers. You may think that they are nothing but chargers – but that’s not entirely true.
There are fancier options out there with docks, reinforced cables, built-in batteries, and cheaper options to use as backups.
So, with that said, why not take a closer look at them? Here are our top 5 picks!
- Fitbit display screen black and not working or turning on? Let’s fix it!
- How do I turn off and shut down my Fitbit?
- Complete Guide to Fitbit Sense Stress Management features
- How do I add and remove friends using Fitbit’s app and Fitbit’s website
- 10 Best Smartwatches and Fitness Trackers Under $80
- 1 How to Know if your Fitbit Charger Needs to be Replaced
- 2 1: CAVN Dock: Best Fancy Fitbit Versa Charger (Versa and Versa Lite)
- 3 2: Versa 2 Charging Cable (Versa 2 Only): The Original
- 4 3: Seltureone 2 in 1: Best Versa 2 Charger for Traveling
- 5 4: CAVN Dock for Fitbit Versa 3/Sense: Best for Office Use
- 6 5: 2 Pack Charger for Fitbit Versa 2: Our Budget Pick
- 7 How Does a Fitbit Charger Work?
- 8 How to Check for Original VS Third-Party Chargers
- 9 Best Fitbit Chargers: Wrapping Up
How to Know if your Fitbit Charger Needs to be Replaced
First things first, if you are looking to replace your old Fitbit charger, you should first make sure that it actually needs to be replaced.
Normally, all you have to do is place the watch in the charging cradle. If the pins align with the gold contacts at the back of the watch, then it should start charging. If not, then there is something wrong.
Here are some things to look out for before replacing your charger:
- Make sure the pins are clean on both the charger and watch: The pins need to make contact. If there is too much dust or dirt, the charger is not going to work. Try cleaning it with a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol with everything turned off and unplugged
- Check if the USB port/adapter has power: The charger needs to be plugged into a working USB power adapter or port. Make sure that yours is working fine by using another device with it. Do keep in mind that low-powered ports, such as low-end notebook ports, don’t deliver as much power as a power brick
- Cables are not connected: Make sure that cables on both ends are plugged in securely
- Fitbit ran out of battery and won’t charge: Don’t let your watch drop to 0%. If it did, leave it plugged in for 30 minutes and, if it’s not damaged, it should turn on again
- Make sure nothing is wet: Needless to say that electronics and water just don’t play along. So, just don’t get anywhere near the charger if the watch is wet
Do also try rebooting your watch. Just to be safe. And if nothing works, then perhaps it’s time to get a new charger.
1: CAVN Dock: Best Fancy Fitbit Versa Charger (Versa and Versa Lite)
If you are after a good office charger for a Fitbit Versa or Fitbit Versa Lite, we can hardly think of anything better than this one. It’s no doubt one of the best Fitbit Versa chargers out there.
- Not for Versa 2!!! Compatible with Versa / Versa Lite Smartwatch Only. This charger dock specially...
- Safe Charging: CAVN Versa / Versa Lite Edition Charger Charging Dock is made by undergoing hundreds...
Unfortunately, it’s not compatible with the Versa 2 or 3. But, we’ll make sure to include other alternatives for them as well.
This charger is elevated and stands beautifully on a desk. That’s why we picked it as a good fancy option. Hard to go wrong with it if you want something that looks good.
And while CAVN advertises it as a good option for portability, we’d say there are better options out there for traveling. More on that later.
- Wonderful for office usage
- Feels stable when placed on a clean surface
- Not the most portable charger out there
2: Versa 2 Charging Cable (Versa 2 Only): The Original
There are plenty of chargers out there. But since we are talking about the best Fitbit Versa chargers here, the truth is that hardly anything can beat the original. At least as far as reliability is concerned.
It’s noticeably more expensive than most 3rd party options. But, then again, maybe that’s the price to pay for reliability.
Other than that, there’s nothing much more to say. It’s just your old good charger that gets the job done for Fitbit Versa 2 devices.
Whether it’s actually more reliable and trustworthy than 3rd party options is up to debate. But at the end of the day, you can hardly go wrong with it.
- The original Fitbit charger that we know and trust
- One of the most portable options
- A bit pricey compared to most 3rd party options
3: Seltureone 2 in 1: Best Versa 2 Charger for Traveling
The original Fitbit Versa 2 charger is portable enough for traveling. But, wouldn’t a power bank and a charger in one be a better deal? That’s precisely what Seltureone’s offering is.
This is a charger that’s not just a charger but a power bank as well. It comes with a 1000 mAh battery built inside it, and, while that doesn’t sound big compared to smartphone power banks, it’s actually more than enough to charge your Fitbit Versa 2 4x times.
It also plugs directly into a USB port without a cable. And this is great not only for reducing the overall size – but also for increasing longevity. After all, that’s one less cable and port to worry about.
Despite all that, this 2 in 1 charger is still cheaper than Fitbit’s original adapter. So, we have no second thoughts about recommending it to anyone who is into traveling.
- Superb for traveling
- Power bank and charger in one
- Great value
- The lack of cabling can make it a bit tough to charge in places that are hard to reach (Behind a bed, under a desk, etc)
4: CAVN Dock for Fitbit Versa 3/Sense: Best for Office Use
This is the exact same charger that we mentioned first. However, this one works with both the Fitbit Sense and the Versa 3!
Also, this one comes with magnetic properties to fit the charging mechanism of the Fitbit Sense. No doubt one of the best Fitbit Versa chargers out there!
It’s an amazing choice if you want something that looks nice and is easy to use on your desk. But it’s also a horrible one if you plan on taking it on the road due to its size.
And we are not saying that it’s totally unfit for traveling. However, something like the 2-in-1 power bank plus charger combo sounds like a much better pick for such cases.
Last, but not least, CAVN says that this charger includes various protection mechanisms. But take that info with a grain of salt since most of these are actually found in the power brick – not in the adapter (Short circuit, overcharge, overvoltage, etc).
- Looks great on a desk
- The small magnet/s are a welcome addition
- Not the best choice for traveling
5: 2 Pack Charger for Fitbit Versa 2: Our Budget Pick
All of our 3rd party picks are surprisingly cheaper than Fitbit’s original charger. But if you want to, you can go even cheaper than that.
This particular pick offers 2 chargers for less than $9. So, as far as budget options are concerned, this is one of the best Fitbit Versa chargers that you can get!
- Specially designed compatible with Fitbit Versa 2,Not for Versa 1,it comes with 2-pack Versa 2...
- Made of high-quality TPE material,6,000+ Bending Test and 10,000+ Insertion/Extration Test ensure...
As you’d expect from such a deal, though, there’s nothing fancy here. There is no power bank, no fancy design, or anything like that.
These are just 2 basic chargers that get the job done. And if that’s what you are after, it’s impossible to go wrong with them.
Even if one of them ends up breaking, you still have the other one. So, this is also a great choice for those who need backup chargers.
- Cheaper than anything else on this list
- Surprisingly high quality for the money (According to more than 900 reviewers that is)
- Doesn’t offer any additional features (Fancy design, power bank, magnetism, etc)
How Does a Fitbit Charger Work?
Almost every single smartwatch charger nowadays works by making contact with gold pins and then transferring power through them. That’s why both your Fitbit watch and the charger have gold pins. And that’s also why it’s highly recommended to keep those clean.
Some of them, such as the Fitbit Verse’s charger, come with a small magnet as well – which safely attaches the watch to the charger.
One thing to keep in mind, though, is that power is being drawn from your USB adapter.
If you use something with an extremely weak USB port, such as a tablet’s, a cheap notebook’s, or maybe from a USB hub with too many devices plugged in, your Fitbit may fail to charge. Or it can also charge slower than usual.
How to Check for Original VS Third-Party Chargers
The easiest way to find the original, best Fitbit Versa chargers is through Fitbit’s website. Otherwise, you can also check whether the Amazon seller is actually Fitbit or not.
Any other Fitbit charger you get most likely comes from a 3rd party manufacturer. That’s more or less all you can do to tell apart the original VS another option. After all, the basic charger is almost 100% in terms of appearance.
Best Fitbit Chargers: Wrapping Up
These are our top picks for now. If you have any questions or if you want to add anything more, feel free to let us and everyone else know about it in the comments section down below!
Also, if you liked this article, feel free to follow us on social media by using the social media buttons for more content like this!
Last update on 2022-01-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API