There are plenty of reasons to look for the best Fitbit Versa chargers. You may think that they are nothing but chargers – but that’s not entirely true.
There are fancier options out there with docks, reinforced cables, built-in batteries, and cheaper options to use as backups.
So, with that said, why not take a closer look at them? Here are our top 5 picks!
- Seeing a message that your Fitbit is charging slowly? Learn what to do
- Fitbit display screen black and not working or turning on? Let’s fix it!
- How do I turn off and shut down my Fitbit?
- Fitbit Versa or Sense not charging? What to do if your Fitbit won’t charge
- 1 How to know if your Fitbit charger needs replacement
- 2 1: CAVN Dock: Best fancy Fitbit Versa charger for Versa and Versa Lite
- 3 2: The “official” Fitbit charger replacements
- 4 3: NEWDERY Charger for Fitbit Versa 3 & Fitbit Sense: Best for traveling
- 5 4: TUSITA charger stand and dock for Fitbit Versa 3 and Sense: Best for office and home
- 6 5: 2 Pack charger for Fitbit Versa 2 and Versa 3/Sense: our budget picks
- 7 How Does a Fitbit Charger Work?
- 8 How to Check for Original VS Third-Party Chargers
- 9 Best Fitbit Chargers: Wrapping Up
How to know if your Fitbit charger needs replacement
First things first, if you are looking to replace your old Fitbit charger, you should first make sure that it actually needs to be replaced.
Normally, all you have to do is place the watch in the charging cradle. If the pins align with the gold contacts at the back of the watch, then it should start charging. If not, then there is something wrong.
Here are some things to look out for before replacing your charger:
- Make sure the pins are clean on both the charger and watch: The pins need to make contact. If there is too much dust or dirt, the charger is not going to work. Try cleaning it with a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol with everything turned off and unplugged
- Check if the USB port/adapter has power: The charger needs to be plugged into a working USB power adapter or port. Make sure that yours is working fine by using another device with it. Do keep in mind that low-powered ports, such as low-end notebook ports, don’t deliver as much power as a power brick
- Cables are not connected: Make sure that cables on both ends are plugged in securely
- Fitbit ran out of battery and won’t charge: Don’t let your watch drop to 0%. If it did, leave it plugged in for 30 minutes and, if it’s not damaged, it should turn on again
- Make sure nothing is wet: Needless to say that electronics and water just don’t play along. So, just don’t get anywhere near the charger if the watch is wet
Do also try rebooting your watch. Just to be safe. And if nothing works, then perhaps it’s time to get a new charger.
1: CAVN Dock: Best fancy Fitbit Versa charger for Versa and Versa Lite
If you are after a good office charger for a Fitbit Versa or Fitbit Versa Lite, we can hardly think of anything better than this one. It’s no doubt one of the best Fitbit Versa chargers out there.
- Not for Versa 2!!! Compatible with Versa / Versa Lite Smartwatch Only. This charger dock specially...
- Safe Charging: CAVN Versa / Versa Lite Edition Charger Charging Dock is made by undergoing hundreds...
Unfortunately, it’s not compatible with the Sense, or the Versa 2 and 3. But, we’ll make sure to include other alternatives for them as well.
This charger is elevated and stands beautifully on a desk. That’s why we picked it as a good fancy option. Hard to go wrong with it if you want something that looks good.
And while CAVN advertises it as a good option for portability, we’d say there are better options out there for travel. More on that later.
- Wonderful for office usage
- Feels stable when placed on a clean surface
- Not the most portable charger out there
2: The “official” Fitbit charger replacements
There are plenty of chargers out there. But since we are talking about the best Fitbit Sense and Versa chargers here, the truth is that hardly anything can beat the original. At least as far as reliability is concerned.
Official chargers are noticeably more expensive than most 3rd party options. But, then again, maybe that’s the price to pay for reliability.
Make sure the product description says that the charger is an Official Fitbit Product and that the packaging features the Fitbit logo.
Other than that, there’s nothing much more to say. It’s just your old good charger that gets the job done for Fitbit devices.
For Fitbit Versa 2
- Official Fitbit accessory designed and tested to work with Fitbit devices
- Plugs into USB port
For Fitbit Sense and Versa 3
- Plugs into USB port
- Secure magnet holds smartwatch for optimal charging
Whether Fitbits official chargers are actually more reliable and trustworthy than 3rd party options is up to debate. But at the end of the day, you can hardly go wrong with it.
- The original Fitbit charger that we know and trust
- One of the most portable options
- A bit pricey compared to most 3rd party options
3: NEWDERY Charger for Fitbit Versa 3 & Fitbit Sense: Best for traveling
While the original Fitbit Sense and Versa 3 charger is portable enough for traveling wouldn’t it be better to bring something even more compact that you can fit in your pocket and keep your original charger at home? That’s precisely what Newdery’s offering is.
This is a charger that’s cableless! Just plug it into a USB port and stick your Fitbit Versa 3 or Sense on the magnetic charging pad. You can even plug the charger into a USB port in your car ( or any USB 2 device such as your computer, a power bank, or wall or lamp outlet with USB.)
- COMPATIBILITY: The 2 pack portable watch charger is specialized designed for Fitbit Versa 3. NOTE:...
- MAGNETIC INDUCTION CHARGING: The magnetic USB watch charger is equipped with lastest magnetic...
Since it plugs directly into a USB port without a cable, it’s a great option to not only reduce the overall size – but also for increasing longevity. After all, that’s one less cable and port to worry about.
Plus, it fully charges your Fitbit Versa 3 or Sense as fast as your original Fitbit charger (1.5 hours.)
And best of all, it comes in a 2-pack and is still cheaper than Fitbit’s original adapter. So, we have no second thoughts about recommending it to anyone who is into traveling.
- Superb for traveling
- Portable and lightweight with a lanyard design
- 2 pack of chargers
- Great value
- The lack of cabling can make it a bit tough to charge in places that are hard to reach (Behind a bed, under a desk, etc)
- Designed for Fitbit Versa 3 & Sense. Doesn’t fit for Fitbit Versa 2, Versa & Versa lite and other Fitbit models
4: TUSITA charger stand and dock for Fitbit Versa 3 and Sense: Best for office and home
This is similar to the CAVN charger that we mentioned first. However, this one works with both the Fitbit Sense and the Versa 3!
Also, this one comes with magnetic properties to fit the charging mechanism of the Fitbit Sense. And it has an anti-slip pad on the bottom for a strong surface grip. No doubt it’s one of the best Fitbit Versa 3 and Sense chargers out there!
- 【Wide Compatibility】Compatible with Fitbit Versa 3, Sense Smartwatch. Please note: NOT...
- 【Durable & Premium Quality】Designed with finely crafted aluminum and first-class scratch proof....
It’s an amazing choice if you want something that looks nice and is easy to use on your desk. But it’s also a horrible one if you plan on taking it on the road due to its size.
And we are not saying that it’s totally unfit for traveling. However, something like the Newdery compact charger sounds like a much better pick for such cases.
Last, but not least, TUSITA says that this charger includes various protection mechanisms. But take that info with a grain of salt since most of these are actually found in the power brick – not in the adapter (Short circuit, overcharge, overvoltage, etc).
- Looks great on a desk
- The small magnet/s is a welcome addition
- Not the best choice for traveling
5: 2 Pack charger for Fitbit Versa 2 and Versa 3/Sense: our budget picks
One of the biggest peeves people have with Fitbit’s charging cables is just how short they are! But the 2 pack, by Qibox for the Fitbit Versa 2 and by KingAcc for the Versa 3 and Sense, makes a 2 pack charger with a cable that is a nice 3 feet long!
All of our 3rd party picks are surprisingly cheaper than Fitbit’s original charger. But if you want to, you can go even cheaper than that.
This particular pick offers 2 chargers for about $10. So, as far as budget options are concerned, this is one of the best Fitbit Versa chargers that you can get!
For Fitbit Versa 3 and Sense
- Replacement USB charger Only compatible with Fitbit Sense/Versa 3,not for any other models. No reset...
- Safety Design:KingAcc Fitbit Sense/Versa 3 charger has a voltage regulator inside (Built-in voltage...
For Fitbit Versa 2
- Compatibility: QIBOX replacement charger is specially designed compatible with ☑Versa 2 Health &...
- Friendly Tight Connection Design: We adopted tight connection design, which can also help to keep...
As you’d expect from such a deal, though, there’s nothing fancy here. There is no power bank, no fancy design, or anything like that. But it does have a longer cord (3 feet) that people love!
These are just 2 basic chargers that get the job done. And if that’s what you are after, it’s impossible to go wrong with them.
Even if one of them ends up breaking, you still have the other one. So, this is also a great choice for those who need backup chargers.
- Long power cord–3 feet
- Cheaper than anything else on this list
- Surprisingly high quality for the money (According to more than 6000 reviewers on Amazon)
- Doesn’t offer any additional features (Fancy design, power bank, magnetism, etc)
How Does a Fitbit Charger Work?
Almost every single smartwatch charger nowadays works by making contact with gold pins and then transferring power through them. That’s why both your Fitbit watch and the charger have gold pins. And that’s also why it’s highly recommended to keep those clean.
Some of them, such as the Fitbit Verse’s charger, come with a small magnet as well – which safely attaches the watch to the charger.
One thing to keep in mind, though, is that power is being drawn from your USB adapter.
If you use something with an extremely weak USB port, such as a tablet’s, a cheap notebook’s, or maybe from a USB hub with too many devices plugged in, your Fitbit may fail to charge. Or it can also charge slower than usual.
How to Check for Original VS Third-Party Chargers
The easiest way to find the original, best Fitbit Versaand Sense chargers is through Fitbit’s website. Otherwise, you can also check whether the Amazon seller is actually Fitbit or not.
Any other Fitbit charger you get most likely comes from a 3rd party manufacturer. That’s more or less all you can do to tell apart the original VS another option. After all, the basic charger is almost 100% in terms of appearance.
Best Fitbit Chargers: Wrapping Up
These are our top picks for now. If you have any questions or if you want to add anything more, feel free to let us and everyone else know about it in the comments section down below!
Also, if you liked this article, feel free to follow us on social media by using the social media buttons for more content like this!
We sometimes use affiliate links in our content from Amazon and others. It doesn’t cost you anything but helps us pay our expenses. Thank you for the support! Last update on 2022-07-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API