Ketometers are a great way to make sure that you are in ketosis because you want to lose weight with the keto diet, treat refractory epilepsy, or take advantage of any other associated health benefits.
Smart ketometers are even better as they work directly with your phone.
And that’s one of the main reasons you may want to check out the top 5 Ketometers compatible with iPhone devices!
We are going to be looking at a little bit of everything for all tastes and needs.
So, without any further ado, let us get right into it!
- 5 best Apple Health app compatible smart scales for every budget
- 10 Best Smart Thermometers that work with your iPhone or Android
- Top 3 Samsung Health compatible scales
- 5 Best Blood Pressure Apps For Monitoring and Tracking
What is a Ketone Meter?
Ketone meters, also known as ketometers, can measure ketones in either your blood, urine or even breath, depending on the kind of meter you are using.
Most of our picks here involve blood testing – which is also considered to be the most accurate.
This is useful if you want to make sure that you are in ketosis – which basically means that your body is burning fat instead of carbohydrates for energy.
If you want to follow a keto-based diet or are diabetic, measuring the ketone levels in your bloodstream is crucial.
Speaking of diets, do keep in mind that there is quite a lot of controversy around the keto diet with all of its pros and cons.
So, we’d always suggest consulting your health expert before doing anything first.
One of the main differences between your average ketone meter and smart ketone meters is that the smart variants can connect with your iPhone (and often Android) to display all the info you need while also offering extra features.
With that out of the way, let us check out some of the best ketometers that are compatible with iPhone devices!
In a hurry?
Take a quick peek at our picks:
- Keto Mojo GK+: One of the best budget offerings that rely on blood samples
- Bruno MD6: A great but pricier alternative compared to Keto’s offering
- V2 Ketoscan Mini: The best breath ketometer for its money. It’s more expensive than the above options, but it doesn’t require replacement ketone strips, and you also don’t have to prick yourself with it
- BioSense Breath Ketone Monitoring System: Great option if you want the best of the best and willing to pay for it
- KetoSense: The cheapest but also the poorest ketone meter in terms of features. Since it doesn’t have Bluetooth, you have to import everything on its app manually
1: Keto Mojo GK+: Best Budget Ketometer
Keto’s offerings are undoubtedly one of the most popular, if not the most popular smart ketometers that are compatible with iPhone devices.
Not only it’s popular – but it’s also one of the cheapest meters you can get from this list.
- NEXT GENERATION METER WITH THE MOST ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY including Bluetooth integration. Get results...
- MORE THAN A METER - Your purchase comes with a free smartphone app where you can instantly sync your...
It comes with 10 glucose and 10 ketone testing strips, 20 lancets, and, of course, the Keto Mojo app as well.
You can use it to connect your phone (or tablet) to the ketose meter via Bluetooth and track all the glucose and ketone readings remotely.
Furthermore, the app is a great way to track your overall stability and readings over long periods of time. Apple Health compatibility is always a welcome addition in our book.
The only downside is that the test strips are a bit expensive. Not to mention that the app has plenty of bad ratings – but your mileage may vary.
- It relies on one of the most accurate tracking methods (Blood measurements)
- Compatible with Apple Health
- Lots of negative ratings on the app for both iOS and Android devices
2: Bruno MD6: Great (But Pricier) Alternative
If you are willing to spend slightly more, the Bruno MD6 is another decent offering with a 5-year offering, 50 lancets, and 10 keto strips.
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR AT HOME TESTING – Our sophisticated home ketogenic diet kit brings...
- PRECISE READINGS EVERY TIME. Perfect for Aktins diet, Paleo diet, Ketogenic diet or Diabetes. Blood...
Just like with most smart ketometers that are compatible with iPhone devices, you can use the Bruno MD6’s Bluetooth connectivity to extract your test results and see/track them on your phone or tablet.
The 5-year warranty probably means that we are looking at a sturdy meter. Also, Bruno claims that they have the cheapest ketone strips – but that’s up to debate, to say the least.
- Good bundle deals for ketone strips
- Bluetooth gets the job done
- The app’s UI could be prettier
3: V2 Ketoscan Mini: Best Breath Ketone Meter
Ketone meters that rely on blood for their metrics are often considered the most accurate amongst the bunch.
But, truth be told, it’s not the most painless of ways to go about it. So, if you find blood measurements to be a bit too gruesome, consider using the V2 Ketoscan Mini, as all you have to do is literally blow air on it.
- [MADE IN KOREA] Ketoscan mini is a portable breath acetone analyzer that measures the ketone level...
- ✔NON-INVASIVE AND CALCULATE BODY FAT BURNING RATE : No need to prick your fingers. Just blow into...
This is possible thanks to the installed gas sensor of this iPhone compatible ketometer that is compatible with iPhone and Android devices.
The only downside is that it costs more than your average ketone meter, but then again, it doesn’t need ketone strips. So that may end up saving you money in the long run.
When compared to the competition, the app is a bit more pleasing aesthetics-wise.
And for some reason, its average rating is much lower on iPhones than it is on Android.
But, again, your mileage may vary – so let us know about your personal experience with it in the comments section.
- Decent value
- Doesn’t need replacement ketone strips
- Non-invasive (As you don’t have to prick yourself with it)
- More expensive than most others
4: Biosense Breath Ketone Monitoring System: Best High-End Ketometer
For those of you who are willing to spend big, Biosense is quite possibly the best ketometer that’s compatible with iPhone devices!
Since it relies on your breath to measure ketone levels, you don’t have to prick yourself with it or buy replacement ketone strips.
Other than that, it’s also worth mentioning that Biosense probably has the most reliable app out of the bunch.
The only downside that we can think of is the price tag that’s much higher than most conventional ketone meters.
Then again, that’s the price to pay for quality, reliability, and ease of use.
- Great app with personalized insights in both short and long term measurements
- One device lasts pretty much forever with no need for replacements (Though the built-in battery may deteriorate after very long periods of time)
5: KetoSense: Best for Manual Entries
KetoSense is another decent ketometer that’s compatible with iPhone and Android devices.
However, the main difference between it and other smart ketometers is that the KetoSense doesn’t have Bluetooth.
You can only use its app with manual entries. So, in that sense, maybe it’s not even worth calling it smart.
- [KEEP CALM AND KETO ON] - The KetoSens Blood Ketone Monitor is excellent and optimal for people on...
- [RESULTS IN SECONDS] - Only a 0.5 microliter blood droplet is needed and provides reading in ONLY 8...
It is undoubtedly one of the most reliable and accurate meters out there, especially for the money. It’s no doubt worthy of a mention.
Its biggest downside is that it can’t automatically sync with your phone as the rest of our picks do.
But, then again, it only seems fair that paying the least amount of money gives you the least amount of features.
- The cheapest option on this list
- Very reliable and accurate even when compared to pricier alternatives
- Straightforward and easy to use
- No Bluetooth for automatic syncing
These are our top picks for now.
If you have any more to add or if you want to ask any questions, feel free to let us and everyone else know about them in the comments section down below!
Also, if you liked this article, you can stick around for upcoming tech reviews, how-to guides, and more!
Last update on 2021-04-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API