Learning how to add apps on Samsung Galaxy Smartwatches, or deleting them, is a process that shouldn’t take any longer than 5 minutes. Adding more apps can get you more features and/or useful information. Removing useless apps, however, can potentially speed up the smartwatch and free storage.
This guide should work with pretty much every Galaxy Watch that has been released thus far. So, with all that said, why don’t we check it out?!
- 1 How to add apps on Samsung Galaxy smartwatches
- 2 How to remove apps from Samsung Galaxy Smartwatches
- 3 FAQ
- 4 Wrapping Up
- How to close background apps on Samsung Galaxy Watches
- A complete guide to weightlifting and strength training using the Samsung Galaxy Watch
- 4 best blood pressure monitors that work with the Samsung Health app
- How to Use YouTube on Samsung Galaxy Watch Devices
- Top 3 Samsung Health-compatible scales
How to add apps on Samsung Galaxy smartwatches
How you add apps depends on which model of Samsung watch you own. Newer models, like the Watch 5 or Watch 4, use Google’s Wear OS.
Older models, like the Active 2 or Watch 3, use Samsung’s own operating system called Tizen.
Add apps to Wear OS Samsung watches
You can install apps using the Wearable app or the Google Play Store app on your watch. We recommend using the Wearable app since you have more screen real estate.
- Open the Galaxy Wearable app on the connected phone.
- Tap Store to open the watch version of the Play Store.
- Search for an app you want, or scroll and discover new apps.
- Once you find the app you want, select it and tap the arrow next to Install.
- Choose your Samsung Watch and tap Install.
- The app then automatically installs on your watch.
On watches that use Google’s Wear OS, you can also install apps from the Play Store app on your phone. Browse the store for watch apps by tapping Categories and choosing Watch apps.
Add apps to Tizen Samsung watches
To add new apps to your Tizen Samsung Galaxy Smartwatch, like the Watch 3 or Active 2, all you have to do is:
- Open the Galaxy Wearable app on the connected phone. Swipe to and tap Galaxy Store to open the Galaxy Wearable version of the Galaxy Store. Tap Install to download the app to your watch.
For some older watch models, open the Galaxy Wearable app > Discover tab, and then tap Find more in the Galaxy Store. Tap the Watch tab to browse for apps.
How to remove apps from Samsung Galaxy Smartwatches
Remove apps from Wear OS Samsung watches
You can delete apps using the Wearable app or on the watch itself.
- For the Wearable app, tap Watch settings > Apps. Then, select the app, tap Uninstall, and confirm.
- On the watch, to delete apps directly from your watch, go to the Apps screen. Press and hold the app. Tap Uninstall, and then tap OK.
Remove apps from Tizen Samsung watches
After installing a few apps, some of them may turn out to be bad or downright useless. To get rid of them:
- Open the Galaxy Wearable app. Go to Apps >Manage apps. Tap the trash can at the upper right part of the screen. Then select the apps you want to uninstall and tap on Uninstall.
Just keep in mind that you won’t be able to uninstall certain pre-installed apps.
Hide apps on Samsung Watch
You can also hide apps on Tizen watches by using the Samsung Galaxy Wearable app, going to Apps > Manage apps, and tapping the red minus icon next to the apps you want to hide.
Tap Save when finished. The hidden apps no longer appear on your watch.
If you want to use the app again, tap the green plus icon under Hidden apps.
What Apps Can I Put on my Galaxy Watch?
Just like with Android phones and Google Play, the Galaxy Store on Samsung Galaxy Smartwatches gives you plenty of apps to choose from. Some of the most popular ones are:
- Camera One
- Samsung Health
- Always On Heart Rate
Does Disabling an App Free up Space?
Frankly put, no. Hiding/disabling pre-installed apps is not going to make a difference to your storage. After all, you are not removing the app. It’s still there. You are just hiding it.
Removing 3rd party apps, though, is most definitely going to free up some space.
What Apps Should I Delete?
Anything that you think is worthless, really. That’s up to you to decide. There is no reason to get rid of any specific apps.
Many people get rid of Spotify since it often doesn’t work we,ll or they prefer using their phone for music. But, again, that’s a matter of personal preferences and needs.
What Preloaded Apps Can I Delete?
Unfortunately, deleting preloaded apps on Samsung Galaxy Watches is not possible. You can hide some of them by following our guide above, but you can’t altogether remove them.
And even if you find a way to do it – which is often done in Android smartphones by rooting them – there is a good chance you’ll end up breaking something and bricking the watch. It certainly happened to us with plenty of devices before while experimenting.
That’s how you add or remove apps on Samsung Galaxy Smartwatches. If you have anything else to ask or add, feel free to let us and everyone else know about it in the comments section down below!
Also, don’t forget that we regularly post articles about everything that has to do with smart gadgets, smartwatches, and healthcare. So, stay tuned for more!